Petrol Prices

EORH

I see the price per litre of petrol has gone up 1p again to 140.9,thought the little drop would'nt last long,now what are the excuses?,the Refinery down the South of England has gone bankrupt,what has that got to do with us,we get our fuel from the North,the dollar has risen against the pound,there is panic buying in Southern England,speculators and profiteers cash in on the disruption,amongst all this the price of oil has dropped by $1.

So there we have it again,oil drops,price goes up for fuel here,oh and by the way,there is the trouble in the Gulf with Iran,the war mongers are rattling their sabres,all good reasons to hammer the taxpayer when the Governments are short of cash.

• 4 weeks later...

I see the price per litre of petrol has gone up 1p again to 140.9,thought the little drop would'nt last long,now what are the excuses?,the Refinery down the South of England has gone bankrupt,what has that got to do with us,we get our fuel from the North,the dollar has risen against the pound,there is panic buying in Southern England,speculators and profiteers cash in on the disruption,amongst all this the price of oil has dropped by $1.

So there we have it again,oil drops,price goes up for fuel here,oh and by the way,there is the trouble in the Gulf with Iran,the war mongers are rattling their sabres,all good reasons to hammer the taxpayer when the Governments are short of cash.

Since the last post on petrol/diesel prices on the 26 Jan,its now the 22 Feb,and the prices have crept up again to 141.9 last week,and now to 142.9 before the Budget yesterday.

The thing I,and probally other people will have noticed that ALL the retailers are the same price,IE Shell and Total/Ellan Vannin two supposed'ly competing companies,have the same prices,now this didn't happen before when Total had it,isn't there supposed be a law against cartels?,maybe the overpriced Office of Unfair Trading with it's bloated budget of over £700,000 a year and rising,will say something,or maybe not,keep their heads below the bunker.

As for the Budget,I suppose the 3p rise due in August is within the Pink Book,unless the UK Government scraps it,but in the mean time the Government here reaps more money in tax and vat from these rises,to get swallowed up in their spend spend spend mania.

how much a gallon is it now? 'cos I'm used to thinking the car does something like 31 miles per gallon - so how much per mile is it costing using Premium octane? ( sorry can't find the 'wizz wheel' to do the calculation)

over the last quarter (since 22 November) the Brent Crude price has gone from about $107pb to $121.20pb = +11.7%

here are UK prices:-

http://www.petrolprices.com/

for local petrol price comparison try:-

http://www.petrolprices.com/search.html?search=IM21NR

Since the last post on petrol/diesel prices on the 26 Jan,its now the 22 Feb,and the prices have crept up again to 141.9 last week,and now to 142.9 before the Budget yesterday.

The thing I,and probally other people will have noticed that ALL the retailers are the same price,IE Shell and Total/Ellan Vannin two supposed'ly competing companies,have the same prices,now this didn't happen before when Total had it,isn't there supposed be a law against cartels?,maybe the overpriced Office of Unfair Trading with it's bloated budget of over £700,000 a year and rising,will say something,or maybe not,keep their heads below the bunker.

As for the Budget,I suppose the 3p rise due in August is within the Pink Book,unless the UK Government scraps it,but in the mean time the Government here reaps more money in tax and vat from these rises,to get swallowed up in their spend spend spend mania.

3p per litre rise in August agreed yesterday - http://www.manxradio...d.aspx?id=58126

A reciprocal agreement with the United Kingdom, approved by Tynwald this week, means the price of fuel will go up just over three pence a litre from the start of August.

Edited by skins

3p per litre rise in August agreed yesterday - http://www.manxradio...d.aspx?id=58126

A reciprocal agreement with the United Kingdom, approved by Tynwald this week, means the price of fuel will go up just over three pence a litre from the start of August.

and they have already put the extra revenue it raises into the current budget......

Eddie Teare has admitted that the additional £1.2 million to £1.5m that this rise will bring in has been taken into account in the budget - and while it hasn't yet been spent it has been 'committed'.

Edited by Manx1Bloke

We rescind the customs and excise agreement with the UK.

We don't charge road tax, (vehicle excise license) but put our own fuel tax on road fuel, everybody pays including visitors straight into our own coffers.

We utilise a sympathetic fuel supplier, not necessarily the UK.

We become a supplier of aviation fuel and boat fuel for anyone who wishes....could become a good little earner !!!!!!!! and straight into OUR coffers.

simples........ oh I forgot, there hasn't been an expensive consultation......sorry, sorry.........of course it may be thought of as going back to the old days and returning to the 'running' game....bring it on I say, oh yes.

Edited by doc.fixit

I think I said on here before,in the Isle of Man when oil prices go UP,the petrol and diesel goes UP,and when the price of oil goes DOWN,the price of petrol and diesel goes UP,so no change,it's only when there is a price war in the UK as of now with Morrisons Supermarket knocking 15 PENCE off a LITRE that prices here tend to come down a 1P,OOPS,it didn't happen,it went UP,must be due to the weather getting warmer,the daffs are blooming,the fairies are playing in a early spring,Allan and all his merry chums in the Wedding Cake have filled up their tanks free of course on the taxpayer.

Edited by EORH