Do You Recognise This Man?

Fossils

From the BBC website.

Christmas trees stolen in Isle of Man

_50379262_50379260.jpg Police have released CCTV images of a suspect Four Christmas trees worth about £200 have been stolen from outside a shop in the Isle of Man.

Police said the trees were stolen from an enclosure at the front of A&D Poultry, Magher Grianagh, on the A17 St Judes Road between Sulby and St Judes.

Officers have released CCTV footage of a man taking the trees at about 1745 GMT on Wednesday.

He is described as slim and wearing light-coloured trousers with square black patches over the knees.

He was also wearing a two-tone jacket and a distinctive bobble hat with tasselled ear covers.

Anyone with information is urged to contact police.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on whether you think it's OK to just steal someone else's property. I think he should go to jail for Christmas.

Depends on who owns the property. Anyway, they are just trees and with all the recent pay freezes, no bonuses, redundancies and increases prices this sort of behaviour carried out by an individual doesn't surprise me and doesn't bother me. Edited by La_Dolce_Vita

You're probably right. Anyone with frozen pay or facing price increases should steal instead. Way to go.

If it was one tree, or something edible, you'd maybe think it was a skint parent wanting to make the best Xmas possible for his starving children.

I don't know if you subscribe to the 'property is theft' line, but had you bought these from a Fir Wholesaler for - say - £40 each in the hope of turning a profit of a tenner a tree, you'd perhaps be less sanguine.

Not really the best photo for people to identify the tree liberator. He may well not be a thief but in fact someone who feels that these trees have been mistreated and therefore has liberated them to live back in the wild, you could say he was a treedom fighter for the TLO.

Hardly crime of the century and certainly not worth taking seriously even on this forum.

Doesn't matter what it was, a thief is SCUM!

When I was a lad we never locked our house other than when we went on holiday. We never locked the car or the garage.

If we didn't have thieves we wouldn't need any keys.

You're probably right. Anyone with frozen pay or facing price increases should steal instead. Way to go.

That's right, no problem with it. It's an unfair system so I favour certain options for those who suffer most from it.
If it was one tree, or something edible, you'd maybe think it was a skint parent wanting to make the best Xmas possible for his starving children.
I'd agree. Like I said, seems greedy to take four.
I don't know if you subscribe to the 'property is theft' line, but had you bought these from a Fir Wholesaler for - say - £40 each in the hope of turning a profit of a tenner a tree, you'd perhaps be less sanguine.
Less sanguine, possibly, but given my belief that property ownership is wrong I must resign myself to the fact that what is taken is not mine anyway. Edited by La_Dolce_Vita

Less sanguine, possibly, but given my belief that property ownership is wrong I must resign myself to the fact that what is taken is not mine anyway.

Cool, can you post your address, please, and a list of your..well..they're still possessions I guess. I'll come round later then and take what I like.