• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I am saying is the owner could of picked up the shit and bagged it - job done.

If that had been all you said then there would have been no comment to make on it. You, however, gilded the lily with a lot of emotional rubbish.

I spotted this in a Ramsey window this afternoon. Charming, not.

For some reason i couldnt enlarge image but i managed to make out a little, although i wouldnt go to those lengths myself but i can understand why people would put signs up having to clear up after others, they could well be a dog owner themselves but actually clear up after their dog/s, people are just lazy

You wouldnt want someone emptying their car ashtray or their kitchen waste on your doorstep, not aimed at you Addie just saying

All I am saying is the owner could of picked up the shit and bagged it - job done.

If that had been all you said then there would have been no comment to make on it. You, however, gilded the lily with a lot of emotional rubbish.

" Emotional rubbish " is a matter of opinion. Thank you for yours. You are entitled to it. I choose to differ however and I wondered if your diagnosis of my psychological state is from professional training. But then I thought how bored I am of being judged by someone who doesn't even know me so can't be arsed talking to you about this any more as you appear to not have anything relevant to say. Cheers! X

I totally agree with EvilGoblin, dog owners should all disobey en masse with these silly bans that the idiots in local councils love to bring in. How long have people been keeping dogs for, and in fairly recent times, dog owners are now being asked to pick up shit. Which most of them do now, in comparison with no-one ever picking up their dogs shit a few years ago. Still not good enough for some of you yetis though is it?

does anyone know what the little hitlers employed to enforce these silly bans (bylaw inspectors/enforcers or something) - does anyone knwo what their powers actually are? How do they enforce fines and things? cos one tried to stop me for walking my dog during daytime on douglas beach and I gave him the finger and walked off - he didn't do anything. Just shouted after me for a bit. What can he do? If they ask you for an on the spot fine, you say you have no cash on you. If they ask for your name & address, you lie. Simples.

ps yes i do pick up after my dog, but not right out in the country. ALWAYS in town though, no matter if I could get away with it or not! Gotta accept that some people won't though. always feels totally silly picking up after your dog when he poos rights by the sea and the tide's coming in though, but I still do, just grumble quietly about it :)

So you don't pick up in the countryside, does this include say an area like Douglas head or does that just mean any open space ?? Do you not think that others may use this open space in our lovley countryside and dislike the fact you do not pick YOUR dogs mess?

Edited by Just John

Douglas Head is not the countryside. As for "any open space", please take the trouble to read just what I said and which Alex would no doubt agree with. You might not then make silly attacks. I'm talking of places such as the open hills or the more remote beaches scarcely visited by anyone other than a few dog walkers.

Braddan is particularly bad for dog mess, on the pavements, grassy areas, in the park & all along the old train tracks!

I have 2 dogs & no matter where they toilet it's always cleaned up.

There are 3 dogs I see that are just let out to toilet where ever they fancy & then the owners just call them back into the house & leave the mess on other peoples gardens. :o

A lot of the time, it's not people walking their dogs but those who let the dog out of the house during the night who are responsible for the mess on our streets

Unusual practice - cats, yes (don't start me!) but dogs......?