Xmas Drink Driving Up...

Tweek

Looking for another cover up or conspiracy Censorship?

Yeah, that's right - just like the last one I looked for. Er, I've forgotten which that was, can you remind me?

For the less stupid people, I was wondering about the figure purely because there was a marked decrease in the number of vehicles stopped during the 2010/11 campaign compared with the 2009/10 campaign and I was interested to see how this year compared.

There is no excuse whatsoever for drink-driving. The people who do it are selfish, stupid morons with no care for anyone but themselves.

Yep, it is nearly as bad as using your phone whilst driving (as many taxi drivers do). But nowhere near as dangerous as texting.

What I don't really understand is adverts have said you can lose your licence, get a fine and criminal record. They don't mention you might go to prison.

Maybe your penalty is just dependant on the judge you have and like most of the islands legal system cocked up.

The police would try to punish you just as harshly for being 1mg over the limit than they would if you were double.

Don't get me wrong Drink Drivings a NO NO but everyone makes mistakes at some point in there lives and punishment should stop when your deemed to have backed back society.

Sex crimes are different (wrong wiring in the brain) and this is why there is a sex offenders register and they should be checked on regulary by authorities.

Looking for another cover up or conspiracy Censorship?

Yeah, that's right - just like the last one I looked for. Er, I've forgotten which that was, can you remind me?

For the less stupid people, I was wondering about the figure purely because there was a marked decrease in the number of vehicles stopped during the 2010/11 campaign compared with the 2009/10 campaign and I was interested to see how this year compared.

Here you go matey

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/49976-santon-incident/

What I don't really understand is adverts have said you can lose your licence, get a fine and criminal record. They don't mention you might go to prison.

Maybe your penalty is just dependant on the judge you have and like most of the islands legal system cocked up.

The police would try to punish you just as harshly for being 1mg over the limit than they would if you were double.

Don't get me wrong Drink Drivings a NO NO but everyone makes mistakes at some point in there lives and punishment should stop when your deemed to have backed back society.

Sex crimes are different (wrong wiring in the brain) and this is why there is a sex offenders register and they should be checked on regulary by authorities.

The highway code gives plenty of helpful guidance and indeed covers prison for drink driving. You'll have to learn it for your driving test when you become old enough to drive! Read soem of it here http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Highwaycode/DG_069870

The judge sets the penalty in accordance with the facts of the case. Normally, the higher the reading the bigger the penalty.

The police do not punish you. They stop, test, arrest, gather evidence and present it to the Court. The Court sets the penalties.

There is no excuse whatsoever for drink-driving. The people who do it are selfish, stupid morons with no care for anyone but themselves.

Yep, it is nearly as bad as using your phone whilst driving (as many taxi drivers do). But nowhere near as dangerous as texting.

Taxi/lorry/van/car drivers - they all do it! They should be taken out and shot, in front of their families!

[if Clarkson can get away with saying it, I don't see why I can't.]

Piebaps -

So if the highway code states about drink driving why didn't the ads on the radio over the festive period, this was put out by the Government after all. (maybe you should direct them to your link)

Yes the cops are bias a drunk judge or work colleague will be given a lift home, the rest of us get nicked.

The sentence from one judge to another differs greatly for offences of similar magnitude.

So now we all know you live in La La land.

Oh yes, no one ever explained why it took so long to release details of that incident did they. It did seem exceptionally slow, especially when you compare with the fatal accident which happened yesterday.

I did?

As said, because it involved a pedestrian with potentially life threatening injuries, until the hospital scans and checks came back/patient becomes reasonably stable, its treated as a fatal accident, so road is closed, road is marked etc.

They cannot say "Mrs X from Ramsey was involved in a RTC this morning, hopefully she'll pull through" when possibly in 5 hours time it might've changed to "Mrs X from Ramsey has now died.".

Interestingly* according to the Freakonomics guys in a recent podcast, drink walking is about 7 times more dangerous than drink driving...

*YMMV

The highway code gives plenty of helpful guidance and indeed covers prison for drink driving. You'll have to learn it for your driving test when you become old enough to drive! Read soem of it here http://www.direct.go...ycode/DG_069870

The judge sets the penalty in accordance with the facts of the case. Normally, the higher the reading the bigger the penalty.

The police do not punish you. (they persecute you) They stop, test, arrest, gather evidence and (and if they remember) present it to the Court. The Court sets the penalties.