Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Last Ten

Mt's Download Speeds Tonight (9/1/11)

Getting the normal 12mb here (Ballakermeen area)

The best I am getting is speedtest Wi-Manx 6331 down/658 up,speedtest.net global its 3.95mbps down/0.66mbps up,I tried Manx Telecom test will not connect,I have had all the phones disconnected,then connect one,then two,still no difference,I checked the DSL the SN varies between 5.5 to 7.5.

I will have to check with Wi-Manx to see if it's a line fault,or filters.

Hahahaha! LOVE IT! Mt's Speed test must be limited to their customer's IP's as it says access denied for me lol.

Anyone got a review of sure broadband? i will be moving to them tomorrow as for the past year down at Port-E-Vullen i have had atleast 8 dis-connects a day on my current line with MT, i have had 6 MT people come out to test my lines everything is okay my end they said and the problem never gers resolved. all i get is some sarcastic arsed women telling me have i tried new filters and that is a thumbs up there is nothing wrong at my end, maybe MT dont give to shits about customer service £30 for this service is a rip off.

Virtually back to normal (Ballabrooie Area)

1107195885.png

Regarding Sure Broadband, my friend who lives in Santon has signed up for their new Broadband offer and his service has been down on a number of occasions since New Year!!!

I am usually the first to have a little go at MT but in all honesty to them their Broadband service is excellent (never thought I would give MT a pat on the back, did ya??)

LT

Virtually back to normal (Ballabrooie Area)

1107195885.png

Regarding Sure Broadband, my friend who lives in Santon has signed up for their new Broadband offer and his service has been down on a number of occasions since New Year!!!

I am usually the first to have a little go at MT but in all honesty to them their Broadband service is excellent (never thought I would give MT a pat on the back, did ya??)

LT

Thanks LT

Im not sure what to do, this going down every hour is so is takeing the piss, the router i have is a D34GV5 from MT but all my other routers go down just not as often, is this router known for causing problems?

johnpdrummond

I had a very similar problem with my connection dropping in and out all the time, I actually took the advice of one of our forum members who said disconnect all your phone extensions and one by one connect them back and see what is happening with your connection speed.

I done it and instantly my connection went up to 12mbs from around 6mbs.

It would be worth you doing something similar if you are confident in doing that, it paid for me and as I say I usually get around 12mbs.

How far are you away from your local telephone exchange as distance usually is a factor in connection speeds.

LT