New York Bans Smoking Outdoors

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PC bullshit? Here's the Wikipedia definition: "Political correctness (adjectivally, politically correct; both forms commonly abbreviated to PC) is a term which denotes language, ideas, policies, and behavior seen as seeking to minimize social and institutional offense in occupational, gender, racial, cultural, sexual orientation, religious belief, disability, and age-related contexts."

I don't think you really mean PC.

Anyway, does anyone think that smoking in a park or on a beach is likely to lead to smoke inhalation by others? I think this is highly unlikely being outdoors. There is no good reason for legislation.

yes cause all that smoke is so bad for you, but we wont worry about all them cars will we :rolleyes:

Ah the good old 'two wrongs make a right' argument. Very good. Not that modern cars actually cause much pollution now anyway, unlike say, cigarettes, which are just as bad as they have always been

as normal PC bulshit

As said, I think you may not actually mean 'PC'?

Not that modern cars actually cause much pollution now anyway, unlike say, cigarettes, which are just as bad as they have always been

And which particular planet do you live on? Planet LaLa with LDV or a different make-believe one?

Another good idea from the states. Of course smokers will moan about it, but it isn't just about what other people breathe. It's also about projecting the acceptability of smoking to others, particularly the young and easily influenced. America always leads the way on these things. It's almost inevitable that Europe will eventually follow.

Depends what reason its being done for?, America seems to enjoy being the first to do everything whether its actually want the majority of people or not!

Is it because of littering?, I can't see second hand smoke is an issue when its outside, the health effects would be nil.

Another good idea from the states. Of course smokers will moan about it, but it isn't just about what other people breathe. It's also about projecting the acceptability of smoking to others, particularly the young and easily influenced. America always leads the way on these things. It's almost inevitable that Europe will eventually follow.

And I suppose cretins like you will continue to ignore the carcinogens emitted from vehicle exhausts, the adverse health consequences of alcohol, etc. You really have to realise that to persecute smokers without equal action against other, more damaging, things will merely make you a hypocrite.

Thank God I do not have to live in the moral cesspit of corruption that is the USA.

Ah the good old 'two wrongs make a right' argument. Very good. Not that modern cars actually cause much pollution now anyway, unlike say, cigarettes, which are just as bad as they have always been

Would you like to enter into a challenge to prove that theory? If you and I find two garages, of equal dimenions (say, 12ftx12ft)and no windows, door closed, I will sit and smoke all night long in my garage space and you can sit in yours with a car engine running and we'll see who walks out in the morning :)

Smoking is legal and smokers pay more tax. Typical yanks biggest polluters in the world and they worry about a bit of ciggy smoke god help us wot is the worl coming to

Spot on! When it comes to pollution reduction (haven't they been asked numerous times to reduce the USAs pollution rate but don't?), isn't the Yanks solution re. smoking outdoors akin to turning up at an earthquake zone with a dustpan and brush and offering to do a bit of sweeping up :wacko: