Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sean South

Manx 2 Plane Crash Cork Airport

Don't you think it's a bit early to start kicking the airline and crew? Perhaps you'd be better leaving the verdicts to the experts :angry:

I have to agree - of course there will be speculation about cause and fault, and open forums like this are a platform for that, but can we wait until, you know, they've finished removing people - hopefully alive people - from the wreckage and remember that those who work for the airline may have lost friends and colleagues in this one.

RTE

1133 The aircraft made three attempts to land at the airport, which was experiencing heavy fog at the time.

The second half of the airplane remains turned upside down.

This is extremely bad news and our thoughts are first and foremost with the victims and survivors.

This is also extremely bad news for the airline. I think it was Stelios Easyjet who said 'if you think the price of safety is high, wait until you have an accident'. There will, of course, be a full investigation by the IAA and the facts will come out in due course.

However, there are many in the industry who will suggest, based on the witnessing of some of Manx2's operations here on the Island, that an accident in marginal weather conditions was going to happen sooner or later.

The weather reports for Cork at 0930 and 1000 (the incident occurred just before 1000) gave conditions that would have precluded an approach by anything other than a CAT2/3 equipped aircraft and qualified crew. Furthermore, most 'mainline operator' standard procedures state that 2 appraoches and missed approaches are the maximum before diversion; the press report suggests this this was the 3rd attempt.

I think I could write the executive summary of the crash report here and now - but we'll leave it to the experts and I'm always happy to own up to getting it wrong when the time comes.

Completly unnecessary at this time. Where are the mods?

To the 6 who lost their lives rest in peace. To the others in hospital my thoughts are with you.

No, because when an aircarft goes in immediate questions have to be asked to prevent the next one going in and emotive 'they haven't even cleared the runway yet' prognostications achieve nothing. Read the first line of my post but there's an investigation to be got underway by the IAA and the hard facts, as unpalatable as they might be to some, will come out.

'There will, of course, be a full investigation by the IAA and the facts will come out in due course.'

Which I wrote.

Before you accuse anyone of being a 'cock', especially in an area that you probably have no knowledge of apart from fastening a seat belt, please allow someone who has flown more CAT2 approaches than you've had hot dinners to make a professional observation based upon many years in the industry.

There is a professional 'gut feeling' about operators and airlines and any other professinal aviators who read this thread will know precisely what I mean.

Before you accuse anyone of being a 'cock', especially in an area that you probably have no knowledge of apart from fastening a seat belt, please allow someone who has flown more CAT2 approaches than you've had hot dinners to make a professional observation based upon many years in the industry.

No one else if professing to have any knowledge. And no one is doubting that you may know what you are talking about.

You are a 'cock' purely based on you fagging up this thread with your rather pompous, veiled accusations about Manx2's practices. It's not the time for it, whilst potentially people are still being attended to.

You may well be right, but you are going off pretty sketchy news reports, which is hardly professional now is it.

Edited by manxman8180

No, because when an aircarft goes in immediate questions have to be asked to prevent the next one going in and emotive 'they haven't even cleared the runway yet' prognostications achieve nothing. Read the first line of my post but there's an investigation to be got underway by the IAA and the hard facts, as unpalatable as they might be to some, will come out.

'There will, of course, be a full investigation by the IAA and the facts will come out in due course.'

Which I wrote.

There is a professional 'gut feeling' about operators and airlines and any other professinal aviators who read this thread will know precisely what I mean.

You're entitled to state your opinion, but can't it wait? No airline is going to ground flights because of what you post on here, so you aren't saving lives. You're just trying to show how clever you are while emergency service workers battle to actually save lives - at least leave it a couple of hours before you start sticking the boot in

This is extremely bad news and our thoughts are first and foremost with the victims and survivors.

This is also extremely bad news for the airline. I think it was Stelios Easyjet who said 'if you think the price of safety is high, wait until you have an accident'. There will, of course, be a full investigation by the IAA and the facts will come out in due course.

However, there are many in the industry who will suggest, based on the witnessing of some of Manx2's operations here on the Island, that an accident in marginal weather conditions was going to happen sooner or later.

Very sad and sick ,you need some treatment you insensative git ! :angry:

The weather reports for Cork at 0930 and 1000 (the incident occurred just before 1000) gave conditions that would have precluded an approach by anything other than a CAT2/3 equipped aircraft and qualified crew. Furthermore, most 'mainline operator' standard procedures state that 2 appraoches and missed approaches are the maximum before diversion; the press report suggests this this was the 3rd attempt.

I think I could write the executive summary of the crash report here and now - but we'll leave it to the experts and I'm always happy to own up to getting it wrong when the time comes.