Manx 2 Plane Crash Cork Airport

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a fatal crash!

"shockingly inadequate management", "financial difficulties", "piloting error compounded by poorly maintained engines", "Manx2 has somehow slipped through the cracks of aviation oversight", "the inves

If you do your research you can see that many of the shareholders in Citywing were Manx2 shareholders.   I still find the whole virtual airline company as being very disingenuous, the planes are pai

Posted Images

Just booked a trip to Glasgow. Flybe to M'cr, train M'cr to Glasgow return and flight back from M'cr. Not a chance I'd get on one of those things.

Plus the whole journey cost me under £100. Granted a bit more 'leisurely' on the timescales but I was in no rush.

Another option is to go to flybe.com and put in IOM-GLA. Also aerlingus.com and select multi-city for IOM-DUB-GLA but likely to be more expensive

Edited by newaccount

Just booked a trip to Glasgow. Flybe to M'cr, train M'cr to Glasgow return and flight back from M'cr. Not a chance I'd get on one of those things.

Plus the whole journey cost me under £100. Granted a bit more 'leisurely' on the timescales but I was in no rush.

Another option is to go to flybe.com and put in IOM-GLA. Also aerlingus.com and select multi-city for IOM-DUB-GLA but likely to be more expensive

I did that but the cost of flying one way from IOM - MAN - GLA cost more than a combined return to MCR and a return train ticket thrown in. Plus with connecting times it was taking over three hours to get there, less time than a train from Mcr. All in all a pain to split it but a much less expensive and leisurely trip.

"shockingly inadequate management", "financial difficulties", "piloting error compounded by poorly maintained engines", "Manx2 has somehow slipped through the cracks of aviation oversight", "the investigation team was appalled when we discovered what was actually going on", "this accident was 100% preventable" - all quotes from the program and not things you want to hear when it comes to flying.

• Like 4

Just watched it and it is terrible, the IoM does not look good either, looking at the website of another operator from the IoM it looks like exactly the same thing is going on, not being responsible for crew, not being responsible for maintenance makes you think what are they responsible for, I certainly won't be flying with them.

• 4 weeks later...

Reynoldsway has been fog bound for most of the day. Multi-million-dollar aircraft with highly trained crews have been cancelling, holding or diverting.

And yet Manx2/Citywing have continued to operate both in and oout all morning.

Would any of our pilot readership care to venture a guess, apart from the obvious, how this has been achieved?

Well I was down there this afternoon, Citywing went around and into the hold, then the first aircraft I saw land was M-USCA followed by a Citywing from the hold. Fog has been bad all afternoon and of course not helped now that the runway after extension has been downgraded from when we had the gantry minima !

There have been periods when it was ok in terms of legality but I know what you are saying.

Reynoldsway has been fog bound for most of the day. Multi-million-dollar aircraft with highly trained crews have been cancelling, holding or diverting.

And yet Manx2/Citywing have continued to operate both in and oout all morning.

Would any of our pilot readership care to venture a guess, apart from the obvious, how this has been achieved?

I presume you were in the cockpit when the Newcastle flight was on approach and know first hand that minimums were broken??

"Continued to operate in and out all morning" is factually incorrect. They were able to get out as the aircraft were already here and didn't need to come from elsewhere. There was not a single passenger landing on the IOM this morning. I presume Flybe are also a shoddy airline given they were able to "operate out" to Stanstead this morning?

Belfast has just landed too ... Conditions are changing all the time

• Like 3

'I presume you were in the cockpit when the Newcastle flight was on approach and know first hand that minimums were broken??'

I don't recall questionning anything about 'minimums' and, if I were you, I would carefully re-read your post as that quoted above infers that 'minimums were broken'. Were they? A mistake on your part, I'm sure.

So, all perfectly legal - well donethumbsup.gif

I've got my anorak on today. It's very up and downy down here. Citywing (opr VanAir Europe) have had some hefty delays too but have managed to get in on the breaks, whilst EasyJet had a go and couldn't make it. EasyJet couldn't make it last night either. BA (opr Eastern Airways) are on their way back from London City as we speak and should be making an approach soon. FlyBe had a go too I think earlier.

Don't worry though, there's a boat in the morni.... oh wait.

• Like 1

A useful website to generate 'old' metars/tafs is:ogimet:

http://www.ogimet.com/display_metars2.php?lang=en&lugar=egns&tipo=ALL&ord=DIR&nil=SI&fmt=html&ano=2015&mes=04&day=06&hora=08&anof=2015&mesf=04&dayf=06&horaf=16&minf=59&send=send

This confirms that the weather was pretty grim at the Airport throughout today. Pilots operating CityWing flights must have been mighty lucky to find the breaks!