The Police

Ben Varrey

Seems Ben Varrey not only has the intellect of a sea slug but also the memory of a goldfish; at least most of our trolls can remember their stance on things for more than one thread (most of the time).

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you find it worrying that a policeman looks at this forum

I don't recall saying I was worried

I understand that a certain member of the police force sometimes visits this forum (which in itself is rather worrying).

I can see that you have misread exactly what I have said. I shall come down a notch or two and keep my speech more basic in order to avoid confusion :ermm:

'(which in itself is rather worrying)' = that a senior police officer would post on this forum - not that I'm worried about what he/she'd see. More why he bothers. Has that made it clearer?

Seems Ben Varrey not only has the intellect of a sea slug but also the memory of a goldfish; at least most of our trolls can remember their stance on things for more than one thread (most of the time).

I have no trouble in remembering and I would pit my intellect against anyone's on this thread any time you like :) my failing, if I have any at all, is the failure to realise that I need to adopt a more basic mode of linguistics on MF as you seem to become confused somewhat quickly.

What's laughable, is someone who calls himself silent and then flaps his lips on something that he has completely wrong :lol:

Best live up to your name bob ...

many officers reda, quite a few post openly using their own names, Gary Roberts, Deputy Chief Co0nstable certainly reads. Mike Venables of the financial crimes unit posts, see the Dr Dirk thread, as does Inspector Derek Flint of traffic, see the headlights thread. The Laxey bobby also is on here

I find their contributions helpful. I am pleased they contribute openly.

I would not be surprised if officers did not read and post, maybe using a pseudonym, after all they are human

As for them lurking as a sort of semi covert surveillance of what is posted here, well, why would that be surprising and how would it be wrong? has any of us anything to fear from what we post here?

I have no trouble in remembering and I would pit my intellect against anyone's on this thread any time you like. :) My failing - if I have any at all - is the failure to realise that I need to adopt a more basic form of grammar on MF as you seem to become confused somewhat quickly.

What's laughable, is that someone who calls himself silent and then flaps his lips on something that he has completely wrong :lol:

Best live up to your name Bob ...

Fixed it for you Dr English ;)

I have no trouble in remembering and I would pit my intellect against anyone's on this thread any time you like. :) My failing - if I have any at all - is the failure to realise that I need to adopt a more basic form of grammar on MF as you seem to become confused somewhat quickly.

What's laughable, is that someone who calls himself silent and then flaps his lips on something that he has completely wrong :lol:

Best live up to your name Bob ...

Fixed it for you Dr English ;)

I am by no means sure you are correct in your corrections, SB. Given Ben's point, the use of "linguistics" rather than "Form of Grammar" is appropriate.

Similarly, the absence of "that" indicates that it is not the situation which is laughable, but the person themselves (although I admit I can see the argument your way).

That is all.

A Pedant.

I think we all have quite a few tales we could tell about the police and there behaviour and there not very nice ones im afriad !!!!!! :(

In fact some are quite nasty! :(

To post such truths on a public forum would quite obviously result in them be deleted!

I would say on the other hand that we all have a few tales we could tell about the police and how helpful they have been in our hour of need :)

In fact some quite heroic and above and beyond the call of duty :)

To actually post these comments on a public forum might actually mean they are actually true and would not need to be deleted :D

Fair enough, though is it not concerning that where there has been nasty behaviour or something wronful that people are concerned about making comment? Of course, it can be an issue where particular people are names, but there should be no hesitation in talking about instances where they have behaved badly.

Edited by La_Dolce_Vita

My own personal experiences with the police happened, and resulted with quite far reaching consequences!!!!! :angry::(

If i posted what happend it WOULD be deleted!!!

If not by the moderaters, but by the police themselves as some of the activities of the police we could expose, are actually not only illegal but nasty aswell ! :(

Im keeping my experinces to myself thank you, im mearly pointing out that most if not all of us have had very unpleasnt experiences with the police!!!!!!!!!! :(