Guy Martin - The Boat That Guy Built

Love the way he could 'nip down' to Stoke from Birmingham for some pottery and then 'nip back' in time for the kiln to be fired, in a bloody narrowboat!

My English geography isn't the best and I was almost going to get a map to check on the distances involved as it seeemd to bit of a stretch in a narrow boat. Enjoyed the programme though.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I liked it too. It was never going to be innovative (its on prime time where z list celebs having a lash at ice skating is apparently ground breaking)but an enjoyable watch with two fun characters. I'll watch the rest.

well ...after all the hype ....i was bored sh*tless. I think I'd prefer to see him stick to motorbike racing

Didn't really make sense. Trying to be victorian farm, but not going the whole distance. So he wants to make a kettle like they would have done, but is happily using modern technology elsewhere. So why bother?

So he wants to make a kettle like they would have done, but is happily using modern technology elsewhere.

which bit was modern technology?

maybe the bit where the brick built furnace hadn't got hot enough and they out the iron in a portable firnace to finish it off ?

Well, everything. They used modern bricks, they used a digital thermometer, he 'popped' half way down the country in an afternoon.

The victorian farm type programmes are insightful because they don't cheat and live with the limitations of the time. Guys progamme just seems to be dabbling. Why make a pot in the old fashioned style but stick with everything else modern? Just seemed half assed compared to similar programmes.

Well, everything. They used modern bricks, they used a digital thermometer, he 'popped' half way down the country in an afternoon.

The victorian farm type programmes are insightful because they don't cheat and live with the limitations of the time. Guys progamme just seems to be dabbling. Why make a pot in the old fashioned style but stick with everything else modern? Just seemed half assed compared to similar programmes.

Totally agree. The NB looked to me like a failed project. It's already lined-out with pipe and cable-runs where you would expect them, stove in place etc etc.

Still very watchable though...

I enjoyed it also. Kind of reminded me of being back in primary school where the class would sit around the VCR watching an education programme that the teacher had recorded off the TV the night before...

I enjoyed it also. Kind of reminded me of being back in primary school where the class would sit around the VCR watching an education programme that the teacher had recorded off the TV the night before...

Wednesday night is kids telly on BBC1 - first Blue Peter (the One Show), then this, followed by a crap version of Grange Hill (Waterloo Road).