• 2 weeks later...

I've definately got something nasty playing around on my PC.

I've just looked into history/order visited today and found a load of searches not instigated by me and I'm the only one who uses this machine.

e.g.

findcuddly.org

searchmute.org

The searches asking for some really disgusting stuff!

What should I do?

My AVG ran out a couple of days ago. Yes, I know but I've been rather busy.

a strange pop-up appeared on my screen yesterday asking for my router login etc and put the browser to a different page on this forum which I had not selected, I had MSE running which popped up with a warning but gave avast a run as well and found a couple of trojans, I also ran malwarebites which found a couple more, so hopefully now relatively free of nasties, just had to reinstall a webcam driver this morning.

(seemed to be orsam!rts which was the main culpret)

• 1 month later...

would going to programme files in safe mode, and looking for the rogues file and deleting it as a whole, or opening the file and deleting all that would delete, then re-booting and clearing up with malware bytes work for the original poster do any of you reckon.

The description sounds like a problem my friend had on her laptop, which appeared to go away by running anti-virus but then returned. I did a search on Youtube and found a 'step by step' removal. It took about 15 minutes and a medium level of knowledge. They guy offers a remote service for anyone who is a bit nervous, but as I say, a medium skill level is ample to fix it. I fixed it months ago and she's not had a problem since.

Viruses on Macs will start to come along as they are getting more popular, but as I understand it, they are more difficult to write for Macs plus Mac users generally recognise what may potentially be a virus more than Windows users ('cause we're geeks!)

Viruses on Macs will start to come along as they are getting more popular, but as I understand it, they are more difficult to write for Macs plus Mac users generally recognise what may potentially be a virus more than Windows users ('cause we're geeks!)

Speak for yourself Keith!!! :)

I just use a Mac because I want a productivity tool and because it accepts that use of a computer should be easy and enjoyable.

I do have a PC too and have found AVG very good - previously I had Norton AV and it seemed to chew up the performance of the PC.

Buy a mac

macs still get viruses, its just it needs people to make them. People just cannot be arsed with macs

Nah. Terminal is correct, Macs don't just look good, they're unixy os is well cool & people do write viruae for macs, they just dont work.