Mannifest 2011

Triskel

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so you guys think under 30 quid is too much? its no wonder folks struggle to put things on and get support over here.

I have not a clue how much it cost to put on mannifest but looking at the equipment and large trailers alone, it must have cost a small fortune on the boat never mind hire charges etc.

Went on Saturday afternoon, £35.00 was a fair price for the atmosphere and numerous bands and things to do. The Isle of Man needs a festival like Mannifest, they need to encourage more family's to make a weekend of it by offering discounted group tickets, more food outlets. Overall a great festival still got my hangover on Tuesday morning, Guesty

My 12 year old was free entry so I think it's good value for families. We paid £59 for w/e tickets and they were great value as we went each night from early evening. We camped last year but got no sleep so won't do it again. There were loads more food outlets this year. It seems to be getting better each year. My one complaint would be too many small dance tents competeing with each other. Loved the Chai Wallah Cafe!

My 12 year old was free entry so I think it's good value for families. We paid £59 for w/e tickets and they were great value as we went each night from early evening. We camped last year but got no sleep so won't do it again. There were loads more food outlets this year. It seems to be getting better each year. My one complaint would be too many small dance tents competeing with each other. Loved the Chai Wallah Cafe!

I agree that it was excellent value and if you want to go next year I think the current early bird price is 40quid-ish. The dance tents were too close together which resulted in a lot of crossover which wasn't so apparant last year but im guessing the plan was to try keep the kiddies area away from the wacky backy brigade.

With the numbers attanding and the amount it must cost to stage, the event must surely be running at a substantial loss and personally I think to draw the masses in they need a big draw on each night. this would surely pull in the crowds, give the organisers some profit & therefore ensure the long term viability of the event - just look at the amount of people who turned up to watch morrissey !! perhaps even rotate the chai wallah stuff with another outdit on alternate years to keep it a bit fresher.

I agree that it was excellent value and if you want to go next year I think the current early bird price is 40quid-ish. The dance tents were too close together which resulted in a lot of crossover which wasn't so apparant last year but im guessing the plan was to try keep the kiddies area away from the wacky backy brigade.

With the numbers attanding and the amount it must cost to stage, the event must surely be running at a substantial loss and personally I think to draw the masses in they need a big draw on each night. this would surely pull in the crowds, give the organisers some profit & therefore ensure the long term viability of the event - just look at the amount of people who turned up to watch morrissey !! perhaps even rotate the chai wallah stuff with another outdit on alternate years to keep it a bit fresher.

Already had the email and put my name down for tickets!

It was an excellent week end. We camped through the whole week end. Would like to have seen more security in camping field. Having said that I heard that security did throw some knobs out in the early hours of Sunday. Yet again it was the minority who spoil it for the majority. I think a no generator rule would limit a lot of the noise. Maybe a seperate area for camper vans. Thanks to everyone who made it possible

I'd have gone possibly had there been a night only rate. Not interested in camping or the daytime stuff tbh. So no, you're not alone mudcheck.

You might only be interested in the night stuff, but the infrastructure needs to be in place - and paid for - all day. As stated before, it's NOT cheap to run something like this.

Mission, I bet you'd have liked some of the day time stuff. Retina, had music and visuals on all day, if you went into the dance tents you couldn't tell if it was day or night (until the bright lights outside, the sun, burned your eyes out lol). The 7 foot sheep was brilliant. The maddest thing about Mannifest in comparison to other festivals I goto is, the amount of people you bump into that you know well enough to stop and chat to, jeeeeze I'd say to MrBees "Back in a sec, just popping to the loo"....3 hours later return with tales of whom I've been chatting to, it's ace, I love it.

The whole festival is a bargain. The festival goers are very kind, someone gave us.....a mango and a tin of pilchards in tomato sauce, highly amusing. Anyway, I shouldn't go on about how good it is any more, it is a beautiful size as it is :)

I had a fantastic time - well done to the organisers and everyone involved. And as far as value for money goes, I went to see Frank Turner in Liverpool at the end of last year and when you add up all the costs it works out that this weekend I got to see him for less money PLUS there were 3 whole days of support acts.

There wasn't any hassle where we were camped (more or less in the middle of the site) but the amount of litter left behind was absolutely disgusting. Have some pride, people :angry: