Dog Breeders

lazybones

we are thinking about buying a small dog on the island,can anyone advise us were to get a good un ,heard theirs a breeder some were over foxdale ,are their any others ?

MSPCA usually have a few dogs up for adoption - would probably be better getting one from here rather than a 'puppy factory'.

• 1 year later...

to be honest i dont really know what we want but if we could get around a few breeders it might help us find the right dog

we have contacted the mspca but as we have a young child they dont think any of there dogs are currently suitable

to be honest i dont really know what we want but if we could get around a few breeders it might help us find the right dog

we have contacted the mspca but as we have a young child they dont think any of there dogs are currently suitable

You will not go wrong with cocker spaniels, I seem to remember there's a breeder on the Island but not sure about reputation. Just ask someone you see with a cocker where they bought it. And get two, then they have company.

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php

I would suggest a Cavalier. They are just adorable with children. Sweet natured with children and other dogs, and totally non-aggressive. We had our little one for thirteen and a half years and had to say Goodbye to her on Sunday. She was a real sweetie who's sorely missed.

Have you tried the Vets on the island? They will probably know of good places to find a puppy. Otherwise, as suggested, if you see one you like out and about, ask their 'owners' where they got theirs from.

Personally I wouldn't consider the Foxdale breeders.

• Like 1