The Hop Garden

Just heard a rumour The Hop Garden has changed management yet again, and the reports of the food at present aren't the best... Anyone know if this is true? I'm only worried because my wedding reception is due to be held there in a few months and I'm getting a bit worried!! Unfortunately no one there seems to be answering any messages.

Does anyone know if there are indeed new people there or if Mikey and his Wife are still looking after things? If it has changed, has anyone been there recently and could comment on the standard of food now?

Edited by Dorothy

Ahh good to know :)

Must have just been the typical IOM rumour mill cranking out another story, I've been up there a few times this year and the food was always great so it did seem a bit strange.

Thanks!

I do hope your wedding reception doesn't coincide with one of the motorsport meetings that go on out the back of this establishment. I recently had a meal out in the marquee that clashed thus, and the noise was really annoying, horrible tinny high pitched engines going constantly. Ruined the meal for me, which was otherwise jolly nice from a standard of food point of view.

whinging bleat about Knock froy

Condidering that any event will be on all day at the particular venue, they really dont get to use it that much due to other Nimby bastards from Mount murray bleating and whinging about the noise so have quite strict restrictions on usage (6 times a year i think) on that site maybe you should have stayed at home...or maybe had food somewhere else....

maybe you should have stayed at home...or maybe had food somewhere else....

Well quite. It hadn't crossed my mind that there would be such a horrendous noise during my meal, and it wasn't mentioned when I made the booking by telephone. But one lives and learns and in future I shall make a point of asking if there is an event on before making a booking. And if there is I won't make one. If there isn't, I will, as like I noted, it was otherwise a good meal. A carvery in fact, at which I selected three splendid courses. But if I had booked the place for my wedding reception, and was subsequently subjected to the noise pollution I experienced, and hadn't been warned of it in advance and given the chance to make other arrangements, I would be mightily pissed off.