Television Licence Refund To Go To Manx Radio

Salary costs

So 26 full-time and 3 part-time staff plus 3 contract staff get paid £1,044,147

Assuming the part time staff are 0.5 FTE then that equates as an average of over £34k per person...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm pretty sure MR is impotent, which renders the stud option void.     Notwogan does what he's always done: coasts along on meandering whimsy chasing national treasure status, occasionaly having

For me MR hit a low point with the Chief Minister's interview about the reciprocal health agreement and the disgrace that was Roger Watterson's candidate interviews during the Douglas East byelection

Salary costs

So 26 full-time and 3 part-time staff plus 3 contract staff get paid £1,044,147

Assuming the part time staff are 0.5 FTE then that equates as an average of over £34k per person...

That seems an awful lot of staff to run a small local radio station - especially as they pay the UK's S2blue (http://www.s2blue.com/family.aspx) to do all their jingles and voice-overs (including writing and producing that awful Glencastle soap).

£34k a year does not seem that much for a proper journalist. I realise it's probably more than this once you deduct admin staff salaries @ less than 34k.

But 26 people to run a small station does seem a lot, especially when half of those are in 'news'.

BTW What has happened to Bernie Quayle?

Is he off sick or has he been suspended by Manx Radio?

As far as I know they can't afford his salary - so his show has been pulled.

Yes but I thought his show wasn't getting pulled just yet

Edited by Xpert

Bernie still appears as being a staff member on the MR website, a shame if he has gone, one of the few presenters who actually knew who his audience was and played to it.

People tend to disappear overnight from Radio, on island examples have been in recent years Jason Quinn from Energy Morning show, although of course he has re-surfaced at 3fm and Mike Buttle from the Energy drive programme. Mike is still on the island, but has given up all interest in music and disposed of his vast collection as he was so upset.

I think I heard Judith Ley say last night he was off sick, but as he is now freelance he won't be getting paid

When the new schedules start he will only be on one night a week, which will be a Friday night withh limited internet access,

There were too many complaints about his love affair with American listeners, and Guam and Tasmania also,who had virtually taken over his programmes at night,so I suppose his vanity, has brought about this change to his employment status

I see Quayle on his site is gloating about recruiting US teens to fight in Vietnam.

Not just that, but gloating over getting out of being drafted to Vietnam by recruiting US teens to fight in Vietnam!

When of course, if he really didn't want to be drafted all he had to do was come home.

Exactly, or even just head to Canada like tens of thousands of American youths did, or any of the other ways the Draft was dodged. Oh yeah, but that would have stood in the way of 'Sir Bernie' and his grand and selfless ambition to be a top DJ on Radio BKWTR.

Want to know the secret of his self-confidence? On his wall he has a picture of him living it up and sunning himself like a bloated lizard in the U.S. , and another of a downed U.S. pilot immediately after being tortured by the NVA, with a heading that reads "One nil, Bernie Quayle"

Edited by VinnieK