Freeview On The Iom

Does anyone here currently have freeview, and if so what channels do you receive? I know the IOM does not get all the freeview channels currently but I'm just wondering if its still worth the money to buy it?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Itv 4 is now on iom freeview if you do a rescan.

I don't usually condone theft. However, I have sympathy for anyone ripping off Sky since they have bought up the content that people used to enjoy free to air and they have created a totally ridiculou

I hope not. I like MR and have no problem whatsoever paying some of my tax to fund it. Why can't some people just wise up to the fact that MR is a very popular station and provides a very, very good

Posted Images

I've read that one, I was looking to find out a list of channels you get as standard over here, rather than read about the issues some people are having with a few select channels .

Edited by Dorothy

If you have a satellite dish up, then its maybe worth investing in a freesat digi box ? there not expensive only about £20, in fact you can get em off e-bay for a few quid!, and you just connect it up to your dish.

You will get about 80-100 channels on the isle of man - all for FREE!

( I can try and post the exact channels you wud get on the I.O.M but it wud take me a little while !)

And that includes lots of movie channels ect theres no subscription nor monthly charges or anything! Its just plug and play!

You dont have to pay the extortionate prices that sky charge you each month via subscription, you can get quite a lot of the same channels they offer via freesat for FREE !

There website is www.freesat.co.uk

It just it seems that theres subscriptions owed for this, tax demands for that, licence fees for things we don’t use, bills apearing out of no were , bank interest charges suprising us, fines here there and everywere, people cant afford pay all these things at the end of each month !!!!!!!!!!! :(

I really do think “pay as you go” is the way forward towards a fairer society for all :)

Does anyone here currently have freeview, and if so what channels do you receive? I know the IOM does not get all the freeview channels currently but I'm just wondering if its still worth the money to buy it?

Basically, it is bbc1, 2, 3 and 4, ITV1, 2, 3, Channel 4, E4, BBC News Parliament cbbc and cbeebies.

Three of teh aboev are also available in HD, and several have +1 channels too.

No ITV4 though

ITV1, 2, 3, ......................

..............................................................................................................................................

..........................No ITV4 though

No ITV3 either.

The full list is here - Digital TV Group (If the link doesn't take you directly to the correct section, scroll to the "Post-DSO Network" section.

The local relays on the IOM (with the exception of Laxey for technical reasons) serve the "PSB" multiplexes. The commercial multiplexes are not normally available via relay transmitters.

ITV1, 2, 3, ......................

..............................................................................................................................................

..........................No ITV4 though

No ITV3 either.

Probably nicked it so they could put another useless semi HD channel up! They may as well scrap freeview over here and insist on freesat.

Worth the money buying it? You mean is it worth buying a £25 freeview box as an alternative to watching a screen full of analogue static fuzz?

• 2 years later...

Invest in a dream box if you have broadband, every sky tv channel and more all HD free as well if you have a HD TV. Look them up on amazon £120 for the box and "gift" that's it, that goes to anyone who is getting ripped off by sky tv

I've got Sky+HD at the moment so can I just take out my Sky+HD box and plug all my co-ax's etc. into the Dreambox and that's it or are there other things I have to do?

I did not explain myself very well. I have pc's fitted with satellite receivers. The PCs have a broadband connection as well, so I can get all the channels that I could want....

But my question remains.... Llanddona or the Moel-Y-Parc transmitters in the south of the island any one?

Edited by poopy

Invest in a dream box if you have broadband, every sky tv channel and more all HD free as well if you have a HD TV. Look them up on amazon £120 for the box and "gift" that's it, that goes to anyone who is getting ripped off by sky tv

I've got Sky+HD at the moment so can I just take out my Sky+HD box and plug all my co-ax's etc. into the Dreambox and that's it or are there other things I have to do?

Yes that's all matt, it's fairly straight forward