Annoying Adverts On Manx Radio - "they're Different Words, Children."

Adverts that persuade me not to buy the product

"Ramsey Bakery, Ramsey Bakery Hot Cross Buins...........they're yummy!" chant the children.

"They're different words, children," enthuses Enid Blyton.

Too right, they are! When's the last time you heard a child ask for a buin, bin or byn? (Perhaps someone with a better command of phonetics could spell the (mis)pronunciation better for me?)

Are these local children buying buns from a local shop? I doon't think so.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was going to wait until closer to the time to mention this, but what the hell...I've just registered the trading name Manx Multimedia and got the certificate to frame.   My staff position at Manx

You mean MR's royal correspondent? He does hushed reverence so well. "And, on this day of days as the members of this most ancient of parliaments process along the reed strewn path to take their seat

And please stop telling us about being station of the year in the north west of another country. Not impressed by that at all.

Posted Images

Ahhh, it's not just me then. The recycled advert which is repeated more times a day than I care to think but somehow always when I'm listening. I hate it, hate it and shudder at the thought of buying Ramsey Bakery Hot Cross 'Buins' even though before the advert, I used to quite like them. Funny how things like that can ruin the very product they're supposed to be promoting.

A marketing disaster which is repeated every freaking year for weeks before Easter.

Adverts that persuade me not to buy the product 1.

"Ramsey Bakery, Ramsey Bakery Hot Cross Buins...........they're yummy!" chant the children.

"They're different words, children," enthuses Enid Blyton.

Too right, they are! When's the last time you heard a child ask for a buin, bin or byn? (Perhaps someone with a better command of phonetics could spell the (mis)pronunciation better for me?) Are these local children buying buns from a local shop? I doon't think so.

Why would you listen to Manx Radio anyway?

Although it has very stiff competition from what is a wide portfolio of advertisements that are abject rubbish, the "Hot Cross Buins" advert is the most grating that our friends at MR have ever treated us to...or should we blame the bakery?