Annoying Adverts On Manx Radio - "they're Different Words, Children."

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was going to wait until closer to the time to mention this, but what the hell...I've just registered the trading name Manx Multimedia and got the certificate to frame.   My staff position at Manx

You mean MR's royal correspondent? He does hushed reverence so well. "And, on this day of days as the members of this most ancient of parliaments process along the reed strewn path to take their seat

And please stop telling us about being station of the year in the north west of another country. Not impressed by that at all.

Posted Images

I wonder what the audience figures are like for the new 3cs programme "Women Today" between 2 and 3pm on MR. It's all natter with no musical relief. Is that going to be popular at that time in the afternoon when the audience is used to inanity and music? Will the advertisers support it?

Actually, some of the stuff they have done is quite listenable. (Says through gritted teeth). If you can stand losing an hour of Brindley.

The other day at 2pm when the coven was taking over from Stu, Beth Espey made a remark about him always being miserable. Gamely, Stu said he wasn't miserable at all, and La Espey then suggested it must be because he has one of those unfortunate faces.

I think that is a bit off. No doubt it would be claimed to have been said in fun, but can you imagine the response if a relatively young man had said the same to a woman of a certain age? There is no equality. Women can get away with anything.

The other day at 2pm when the coven was taking over from Stu, Beth Espey made a remark about him always being miserable. Gamely, Stu said he wasn't miserable at all, and La Espey then suggested it must be because he has one of those unfortunate faces.

I think that is a bit off. No doubt it would be claimed to have been said in fun, but can you imagine the response if a relatively young man had said the same to a woman of a certain age? There is no equality. Women can get away with anything.

True.

I am ashamed to admit it, but with kids at home I watch a lot of TV these days. That celeb in the jungle thing last year, there was a young bloke in there that the older women all took a shine to. Loads of comments followed about how he looked, and the thoughts they were having. Much hilarity ensued.

This week, that Ken Bloke in celebrity Big Brother pointed out that the young women he was sharing a house with had nice arses, and the response was slightly different and now he has been chucked out. The world is mental.

Imagine the women going nuts if Manx Radio had a program targeted specifically at men every afternoon.

This week, that Ken Bloke in celebrity Big Brother pointed out that the young women he was sharing a house with had nice arses, and the response was slightly different and now he has been chucked out. The world is mental.

Regarding Ken, I really didn't see the outcry! Hubby and I discussed this at the time and we both agreed that if we seen something looking good (George Clooney for me), we would both be window shopping - I don't find it disrespectful, but maybe I'm just secure in my marriage!

True.

I am ashamed to admit it, but with kids at home I watch a lot of TV these days. That celeb in the jungle thing last year, there was a young bloke in there that the older women all took a shine to. Loads of comments followed about how he looked, and the thoughts they were having. Much hilarity ensued.

Imagine the women going nuts if Manx Radio had a program targeted specifically at men every afternoon.

Is that true? Don't watch it but what a sad indictment of society today.

And today she said it wasn't meant in a mean way. Ha! To paraphrase Life of Brian, how much more mean can you get than to tell someone they've got an unfortunate face? Women! Carelessly cut you and laugh while you're bleeding.

Costain's Scrap Metal us easily the best advert at the moment, just because it's so bad.

I think that one is refreshingly straightforward and at least you can't say it isn't Manx.

Do you mean the accent, or the company ?

I know it sounds Manx.

I don't care so long as it sounds Manx! Absolutely awful are the Cowley Groves ones with the extremely irritating American accent.
  • Like 1

Manx petroleum

'the coal dark iron'

(But I amy have misheard due to a crap signal from Douglas Head).

Signal from Douglas Head is magnificent - but it still can't penetrate bunkers...

Absolutely awful are the Cowley Groves ones with the extremely irritating American accent.

Aaaargh! I heard that last night! Awful, just awful! But then again I don't care for any of them. I was in a car last night which can only receive Manx Radio because it's bust. It was between about 4.45 and 4.55 pm on that Alex bloke's show. I hardly ever listen to Manx Radio because of the unbearable advertising on it but I swear in those ten minutes there were five minutes of adverts. Followed by about a minute of travel news, you know, boats and planes and stuff, followed by about four minutes of adverts. It might have been more but I simply had to thrust my clenched fist into the off button. I'm not one to swear, but it was total and utter shite. Just unlistenable. I'm going to buy the owner of that car a new head unit.

• Like 1

Absolutely awful are the Cowley Groves ones with the extremely irritating American accent.

Aaaargh! I heard that last night! Awful, just awful! But then again I don't care for any of them. I was in a car last night which can only receive Manx Radio because it's bust. It was between about 4.45 and 4.55 pm on that Alex bloke's show. I hardly ever listen to Manx Radio because of the unbearable advertising on it but I swear in those ten minutes there were five minutes of adverts. Followed by about a minute of travel news, you know, boats and planes and stuff, followed by about four minutes of adverts. It might have been more but I simply had to thrust my clenched fist into the off button. I'm not one to swear, but it was total and utter shite. Just unlistenable. I'm going to buy the owner of that car a new head unit.

I am convinced that whenever I turn it on there are adverts on. I know that is stupid and cannot be but it just seems that way.

• Like 1

I don't understand why they havent found an adult to do the afternoon show, instead of that irritating kid, Brindley.

Edited by Fossils
  • Like 1