Annoying Adverts On Manx Radio - "they're Different Words, Children."

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was going to wait until closer to the time to mention this, but what the hell...I've just registered the trading name Manx Multimedia and got the certificate to frame.   My staff position at Manx

You mean MR's royal correspondent? He does hushed reverence so well. "And, on this day of days as the members of this most ancient of parliaments process along the reed strewn path to take their seat

And please stop telling us about being station of the year in the north west of another country. Not impressed by that at all.

Posted Images

The local mass produced polystyrene literally tastes of nothing; even the seagulls turn their nose up at it.

Over-priced and over-rated, like everything on the Island - twice the price and half the standard seems to be the norm.

It's a lot better now you've gone.

• Like 2

I'm sure it is, hence why the independent bakeries like Noa Bakehouse are doing so well.

The fact that a lot of Island residents are happy to pay over the odds for sub-standard produce and sing its praises speaks for itself.

The Manx are always suckers for novelty. Still holds the record for 30k visitors to McDonald's the weekend it opened...FFS.
  • Like 2

I'm sure it is, hence why the independent bakeries like Noa Bakehouse are doing so well.

The fact that a lot of Island residents are happy to pay over the odds for sub-standard produce and sing its praises speaks for itself.

The Manx are always suckers for novelty. Still holds the record for 30k visitors to McDonald's the weekend it opened...FFS.

I remember that well.

Only in the Isle of Man would offices book their Christmas party at McDonalds when it first opened with queues literally miles long for the novelty of the drive-thru (and the queues haven't diminished).

The Island residents are generally easily pleased with no class, manners or decorum and if ignorance is bliss, they must be a happy lot.

Edited by Port Erin

Manx petroleum

'the coal dark iron'

(But I amy have misheard due to a crap signal from Douglas Head).

Agree there.

It took me about 6 months to figure out that they say " dot co dot I M" so to speak.

This is the second recording. The first was totally unintelligible. All I could make of it was "The cold, dark island."

That's actually quite appropriate considering they're selling heating oil.