Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
spermann

'buster' On Manx Radio Today

i think the presenter jibbed out, but better safe than sorry. the whole thing does seem a bit of a witch hunt considering we heve never known how any other candidates have been financed. i suppose spouting about it and coming up with i'm not telling wasn't the smartest move prior to the election?

Edited by WTF

What a Muppet, did he honestly think he could have a good chit chat on the radio about an upcoming court case?

If the silly sod doesn't know what he's been charged with then he should have hired a lawyer instead off representing himself in court. He's got the money to do it for fuxache and where are his backing buddies now?

What a Muppet, did he honestly think he could have a good chit chat on the radio about an upcoming court case?

That's what I thought. The man is an absolute fool to phone into the local radio station and attempt to 'set the record straight' and then get radgy when the presenter, quite rightly, exercises due caution.

Anyone with even a lick of sense would have got an advocate to issue a statement, if indeed such a statement was deemed necessary

Typical Watterson, shutting up a contributer on a whim. During the election he shut up anyone who mentioned the trust but let Buster say what he liked. Now he's hiding behind the law again.

It can't be right to report that a man's been charged and bar him from asserting his innocence or saying he doesn't know what the allegations are against him.

It can't be right to report that a man's been charged and bar him from asserting his innocence or saying he doesn't know what the allegations are against him.

possibly correct,and as he basically said that anyway he had his say, but the chances of bluster saying something else he shouldn't was quite likely. the land deals didn't seem squeaky to many folks either?

There is meant to be reporting restrictions on this case, who is restricted from reporting then?

Does it really mean that Lewin can go on the radio but nobody else is allowed to?

I suspect the deemster might be having a word with Lewin shortly. What an idiot, there is a saying that the man that represents himself has a fool for a client, too true.

I think it would be far better if the reporting restrictions were lifted straight away. If cases regarding 'elections' are not in the 'public interest', then I don't know what is.

For me, the reasons for this begs many questions - especially now that charges have been laid.

I think it would be far better if the reporting restrictions were lifted straight away.

Unless you are on the inside of the case (which you are not or else you would not be commenting) you have no way of knowing the reasons why reporting restrictions are in place and therefore you are in no position to have an opinion about whether reporting restrictions should be lifted.

I think it would be far better if the reporting restrictions were lifted straight away.

Unless you are on the inside of the case (which you are not or else you would not be commenting) you have no way of knowing the reasons why reporting restrictions are in place and therefore you are in no position to have an opinion about whether reporting restrictions should be lifted.

As a member of the public, outside of the case, I am entitled to my opinion that it begs many questions and that cases that are to such an extent in the 'public interest' have few or no reporting restrictions. This is not Stalin's Russia. Nevertheless, I agree that I don't know what the actual reasons are yet, but they had better be good ones IMO in such a 'public interest' case as this, so I hold my opinion in abatement till the real reasons become known.

I can't help feeling that reporting restrictions are put in place too often and too easily.