Wonderful Pro Life Video

Keigmeister

And you think it is also just for God to allow a child to go to hell for eternity? You talk of your better moral stance in respect of abortion then come out looking far worse with what your God does.

I am not so stupid, nor so proud and arrogant as to question the way of The Lord.

But you do presume your interpretation of the way of the Lord is correct and the multitude of other faiths, sects and thoughts on life and the universe are wrong.

In fairness i presume my interpretation is the right one too. ;)

with the caveat that my views be subject to change according to the data received.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you think it is also just for God to allow a child to go to hell for eternity? You talk of your better moral stance in respect of abortion then come out looking far worse with what your God does.

I am not so stupid, nor so proud and arrogant as to question the way of The Lord.

But you do presume your interpretation of the way of the Lord is correct and the multitude of other faiths, sects and thoughts on life and the universe are wrong.

If we “reverse engineer Christianity” what we see is that The Lord guided a select few from bondage in Egypt to become through Christ the epitome of good morality and the founders of good society.

It is this obvious path, a trail that is there for all to see who are willing to put aside their pride, stupidity, arrogance and the Siren voices of evil that underlines the truth that Christianity IS true and the good news that it brings.

It is immensely sad that en route so many men have chosen to hijack and distort the message of Christ for their own ends.

It is faith in the goodness of Christianity, not the churches that show Christianity “through a glass darkly” that bears witness to this.

In his first letter to the Corinthians Paul writes in chapter 13 about how we can all only see “reflected in a mirror obscurely”* (some later versions refer to seeing though a glass darkly) and on the whole this is true for us all. And the more that people bring in their own agendas, as do most churches, so the worse vision of what Christianity represents results.

* Young's literal translation.

A think there is an important subtlety between what you and Spook are saying, Lao.

"I believe in X" is a strong positive claim. "I am not convinced that X is true" is not.

I am not convinced by any theological claim and so do not live my life according to them. I cannot say these claims are definitely wrong, only that the evidence for them is insufficient to convince me - I do not have any alternative theory to replace these ideas, other than attempting to understand the evidence provided by rationally examining the universe.

I attempt to find a way to live a useful life. Spook claims he has found the one and only way to do it.

There is a vast difference between these two approaches and I do find an irony in his claiming not to be proud or arrogant in his beliefs.

Spook, Keigmeister, Evil Goblin as the major voices on this forum against abortion I have a question for you: what policy would you recommend to the state to deal with 1)women, 2)trained doctors, and 3)untrained abortionists who have or undertake abortions?

Please in your answer try to reconcile the use of coercion to force people into helping others, and the fact that no matter what the law women will seek to end unwanted pregnancies (often in quite desparate ways) and if it is illegal trained doctors will be less likely to be involved and untrained abortionists more.

Assuming that the Law forbids general abortion but permits abortion is specific circumstances, then if an abortion is performed outside of those permitted areas:

1. The woman is guilty of murder (or conspiracy to murder);

2. A trained doctor who performs or assists in the abortion is guilty of murder (and should be struck off the Register);

3. An untrained abortionist is guilty of murder.

I do not advocate forcing people to help others - whether or not to help another is a personal choice. If you decide to help by assisting in a murder then you are guilty as above.

If women choose to seek an illegal abortion then they subject themselves to all and any of the risks involved (including sentencing for murder).

• 1 month later...

What she is saying is true. Only 1% or less of abortions are done for medical reasons. Her parents have obviously done a good job raising a child who is able to distinguish between right and wrong.

Did you get your figures out of a christmas cracker, or just pluckem outta yer ass..

Edited by pauld

That last post of mine wasnt trolling, it was a mistaken edit of the quotes.

The figures i was really meaning were his claims of.

Homosexuals make up only 1% of the population.

And have 50% of all aids sufferers.

I think he has plucked thosE figures outta his ass.

• 2 weeks later...

That last post of mine wasnt trolling, it was a mistaken edit of the quotes.

The figures i was really meaning were his claims of.

Homosexuals make up only 1% of the population.

And have 50% of all aids sufferers.

I think he has plucked thosE figures outta his ass.

I don't think I said 50%, but it is very disproportionate. It is around 30% based on CDC figures.

Either way, you can' deny the fact they are a lot more likely to have it.

Here is an interesting video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKCcr_ayvMo

• 1 month later...