Flybe Con Trick

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite honestly I will avoid FlyBe whenever possible. Their pricing policy seems random and dishonest and their website is carefully designed to trip you up to benefit them. I dislike sharp practice immensely and this lot are guilty as charged. Easyjet, Air Arran and Manx2 have benefitted from my business for this simple fact!

Totally agree. I don't know why they're allowed to get away with it. There are more and more of these type of things these days that really make you think, why do we continue to employ several highly paid civil servants at the OFT. What exactly do they do except from issue the odd press release telling people to get more than one quote if a builder knocks at you door uninvited. Surely they have got to be a target for any future cuts. After all if they don't stop us from getting ripped off what is the point of them?

• 2 weeks later...

I have had the misfortune of four flights with Flybe over the past 6 weeks. Each time flying out on a empty midweek red-eye and returning on an even quieter 19:40 flight.

Each journey was booked at least one week prior to departure and I was a sole passenger with one item of hand luggage and without the obligatory seat booking, insurance and car hire etc.

The cheapest journey was £196 the most expensive just under £300. Not one flight was full and in most cases the plane was perhaps at half capacity. I duly checked myself in online, printed my own boarding card and had no contact with any Flybe employees except to be flogged over-priced processed food and tat that could be bought cheaper at the airport.

To be honest for all my ranting I don’t mind paying those sorts of prices if they are accompanied by a justifiable level of service. Flybe position themselves above the budget airlines as a “regional airline” when in reality they offer a service, which is not below par and charge twice the price for the privilege.

I was going to book with flybe recently to collect cat from London. Under air miles the return flight would have been free, but they wanted a whopping £200 to fly the cat back from london to the Isle of Man.

I told them to go fuck themselves and flew instead with Aer Arran to London City with the return flight costing £200 + £30 for the cat one way.

On a side note, I found everyone at Aer Arran to be extremely helpful during the trip.

how much would a fat dog cost?

They are sending emails out with the lastest fare reductions on selected flights,one in particular stood out,Manston in the South of England to Belfast £16 odd one way,that's a long way to travel compared to IOM to Manchester which is I presume around £40 one way.

They are sending emails out with the lastest fare reductions on selected flights,one in particular stood out,Manston in the South of England to Belfast £16 odd one way,that's a long way to travel compared to IOM to Manchester which is I presume around £40 one way.

Price is also worked out from the airport landing fees, so rather than it being distance related, somewhere like London is going to have higher landing fees than airports like Manston.

Flybe have been getting away with the overpriced charges for a long time, and as long as they can get away with it, they will carry on doing it.

• 4 weeks later...

Empty planes to a very low volume destination. Isle of Man, wake up. A back- water that should be happy if anyone flies there at all - at any price!

Nice first post, I have a feeling you'll be made welcome.

Edit: You need to be quicker with your edits, I gotcha.

Edited by mojomonkey

Empty planes to a very low volume destination. Isle of Man, wake up. A back- water that should be happy if anyone flies there at all - at any price!

Begs the question why you bother wasting time joining an IoM forum?

Sheer b*****y, grinding, 30 year, frustration. I love the place, but I feel that your govt. Have let you down over and over again with regarding airlines. If Manx Airlines had been properly supported in regulation (to benefit the Island) rather than rash expansion, then we wouldn't be having this debate.