Flybe Con Trick

i do agree that state sponsored transport could be a good idea. Boat and flights are very expensive. Additional competition may help.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

State sponsorship would have been minimal. Straightforward Manx legislation controlling Manx business would have worked. It's your island. Your politicians should be working for ALL the people, not just the "business" flyers or ferry travellers.

I'm just waiting for easyjet to open a LGW route so I can then avoid Flybe all together!

Went and priced up a boat and two passengers for a long weekend trip in August with the Steam Packet other day.... £308.

Flying Easyjet to Liverpool Return for £100 (For two) at more convenient times and renting the car for £70.

SOLD.

Edited by Jam_Sandwich

FlyBe aren't alone in this sort of practice. BA levy huge surcharges on passengers redeeming 'loyalty' miles. So much that it's often cheaper to buy a fully-paid ticket with another airline than it is to fly for 'free' with BA.

I think most of us are past the stage where we expect airlines to behave in a straightforward, honest, trustworthy way. I automatically assume there will be sneakiness going on and am on guard accordingly. Whilst I wouldn't deal with any other businesses that behave in this sort of way, unfortunately with airlines it's normally Hobson's Choice. I can only hope it brings a ton of consumer protection regulation (and penalties) down on the shysters.

There are some exceptions. BMI seem fairly decent and whilst Easyjet are resolutely 'no frills', they seem to play it straight and I consider them reasonable to deal with. If only they flew to a useful airport (MAN / LGW / LHR / AMS ) they'd have my business. Sadly I don't think that's likely to happen, and I'm not going to bloody Liverpool.

Also the 'allocated seat' nonsense. A visitor to the Island recently told me they'd had to pay for a seat because they hadn't realised you have to 'un-check' the allocation, then continue. How many of those do they 'sell' to unknowing passengers?

I'm shocked and absolutely furious! I've been falling for this from day one! This has to dishonest trading, surely?

There are some real slime-balls of companies out there.

Default (with 18A allocated)

5630344369_e7530e8b19.jpg

are you sure you want to travel with no insurance?? do you even have a seat?? lets charge a booking fee. Oh what the hell, may as well charge you for using your card also?? no free drink on the plane, sorry etc etc.... ps: your hand bag is to big we will have to charge you extra, would you like a snack it will cost ya!! :-) yippi.

'Choose New Seats'. Bob Roberts now has an un-allocated seat.

5630927644_5fda264674.jpg

Are you sure you don't want to give us an extra £12 this return trip? Choose 'Accept Seats' not 'Re-Allocate Seats'

5630927708_0cd9baab6d.jpg

No charges for seats

5630927770_e3901bd74b.jpg

Wonder how many other regulars weren't aware of that?

I fly with 3 little kids and never book seats - funny how we always end up sitting together?

Dont be fooled ...

I checked Flybe and Aer Arann for flights to London and they were so expensive, with all the extras, that I am now going by sail/rail with the Steam Packet. Takes longer but a lot cheaper - and I like the relaxed travelling by train.

I checked Flybe and Aer Arann for flights to London and they were so expensive, with all the extras, that I am now going by sail/rail with the Steam Packet. Takes longer but a lot cheaper - and I like the relaxed travelling by train.

Just looked at an Aer Arran booking to London City in September - £84 return. The killer is that the taxes and charges (inlcuded in that fare) are £79 out of the total cost. My alternative is to wait until I am in Cork - Ryanair costs £38 return with taxes and charges.

Edited by manshimajin