Holy Ghost

Karellen

Mea Culpa, mea culpa mea maxima culpa. ( I'm always having to do that!)

I usualy do miss the point, John, probably because my thoughts have jumped to something else loosely connected.

As a child I was facinated by the Paraclete, I thought it was a big multi coloured feathered thing that would swoop in and carry me off. My father let me think that until I was about eight.

Dominus vobiscum.

In nomine Patris et fillii et Spiritus Sancti. (You weren't the only one to suffer, Topaz!)

John Cleese, Ronnie Barker et al sketch coming up - Eeee, When I were a lad, we had it harder than you did.......etc..........

The Holy Ghost / Spirit is the third part of the Trinity that constitutes Our Lord, the other two being The Father (creator) and The Son, God amongst man.

The Holy Ghost is the spirit of the Lord that enters man when he comes to The Lord through the teaching and acceptance of The Yoke and Salvation of and through Jesus.

It means the state of mind when one knows the right thing to do in order to act as closely to the manner in which Jesus would act in given circumstances.

or alternatively.. the Holy Ghost is the third part of the Godhead, with the other two being The Father (God) and Jehovah, the Son of God (Jesus Christ).

The Holy Ghost is a spirit, and he works in perfect unison with Jehovah and our Father in Heaven in bringing us (his children) home again. However, each are entirely seperate from the other. For example, Jehovah and our Father in Heaven each have a perfect and immortal, physical body.

So from recent posts in other threads it doesn't appear to be something many christians who post on here are possessed of/by.

Can we be clear what a yoke is as well? Seems to be a metaphor for total submission and obedience i.e. not thinking for yourself at all.

It is an alternative spelling for 'yolk', and it depends which version of The Bible you read. 'Acceptance of the yolk' means that a true Christian should eat up all his Easter egg, including the sugary gloop inside a Cadbury's Cream Egg. Only then will said Christian be fit to enter the Kingdom of Heaven and see the flying angels and holy ghosts.

The Holy Ghost / Spirit is the third part of the Trinity that constitutes Our Lord, the other two being The Father (creator) and The Son, God amongst man.

The Holy Ghost is the spirit of the Lord that enters man when he comes to The Lord through the teaching and acceptance of The Yoke and Salvation of and through Jesus.

It means the state of mind when one knows the right thing to do in order to act as closely to the manner in which Jesus would act in given circumstances.

or alternatively.. the Holy Ghost is the third part of the Godhead, with the other two being The Father (God) and Jehovah, the Son of God (Jesus Christ).

The Holy Ghost is a spirit, and he works in perfect unison with Jehovah and our Father in Heaven in bringing us (his children) home again. However, each are entirely seperate from the other. For example, Jehovah and our Father in Heaven each have a perfect and immortal, physical body.

That is scripturally incorrect.

But isn't that just it Spook, depends on which scripture and denomination or branch of the Christian family. I think DJ Dan may have been refering to the mormon scripture where godhead appears to be used to distinguish their scriprtural concept from the traditional trinity scriptural concept that you believe in.

No I don't want to start a non believer, doubter, anglican, catholic, mormon debate. I just accept we all have different ideas and beliefs and justifications for them and say lets get on get on with our lives and each other. But any one saying only mine is true and the rest of you are wrong is at best naive and at worst heading towards fundamentalist intolerance and extremism, in my view, and far away from the teachings of Jesus as recorded in the bible, in its many forms.