Braddan Commissioners, More Trouble

ThankU

I don't know how true this is but Ive been told that Braddan commissioners could be facing further legal action. They have been charging for the dumping of waste at their amenity site to be forwarded for land fill. The story that I heard today is that they may have been caught burning the waste on site, which is now against the law.

I don't know how true this is but Ive been told that Braddan commissioners could be facing further legal action. They have been charging for the dumping of waste at their amenity site to be forwarded for land fill. The story that I heard today is that they may have been caught burning the waste on site, which is now against the law.

Is their Civic Amenity Site not now shared with Douglas on the industrial estate opposite the MEA power station? Cant see them burning there.

Sounds like someone is getting confused with a private waste transfer station in the Braddan area that has been known to burn clean timber.

Braddan commissioners don't have an amenity site as such, they share a site with onchan and douglas.

Edited by Six appeal

:spam:

Is their Civic Amenity Site not now shared with Douglas on the industrial estate opposite the MEA power station? Cant see them burning there.

Sounds like someone is getting confused with a private waste transfer station in the Braddan area that has been known to burn clean timber.

That could be the place, and it is against the law to burn waste.

Since when was is against the law to burn waste? Is this a proper law or a by-law? I know of many farmers and gardeners who burn waste. Obviously there should be laws to control the burning of tyres and the like but I can see no problem with people burning the odd bit of rubbish. Is this a real law or one you made up to suit your purpose?

Since when was is against the law to burn waste? Is this a proper law or a by-law? I know of many farmers and gardeners who burn waste. Obviously there should be laws to control the burning of tyres and the like but I can see no problem with people burning the odd bit of rubbish. Is this a real law or one you made up to suit your purpose?

http://www.gov.im/daff/enviro/protection/

You may be getting confused with Tel's burning rubbish at their waste transfer site in Snugborough Trading Estate.

That's in Braddan but it's not the civic amenity site run by Douglas, Onchan and Braddan in Middle River.

http://www.gov.im/daff/enviro/protection/

but if you bag waste wood and sell it for logs or 'biomass' it is legal to burn it?? do bonfires need a licence these days then??

Typically that strategy does not seem to have been progressed. Having been engulfed in a cloud of smoke from a neighbour which included burning plastic I spoke to one of the Environmental protection officers who said that they were still in the process of drawing up the legislation to stop nuisance burning. He said the same thing last year!

Typically that strategy does not seem to have been progressed. Having been engulfed in a cloud of smoke from a neighbour which included burning plastic I spoke to one of the Environmental protection officers who said that they were still in the process of drawing up the legislation to stop nuisance burning. He said the same thing last year!

And they won't do anything now until 'after the election' which means next year.

There is no Clean Air Act in the Isle of Man which has been law in the UK since the 60s,if there was,you could not burn ordinary coal only smokeless fuel etc.

Which means people can burn anything they want within reason,and does not cause an obstruction to road users I presume,sometimes it does happen,and I'm sure a lot goes on at industrial sites and farms.

I remember years ago policemen used to book people if their chimneys caught fire and caused excessive smoke and sparks,one even done his own mother,so the law is vague over here as is much legislation.

There is no Clean Air Act in the Isle of Man which has been law in the UK since the 60s,if there was,you could not burn ordinary coal only smokeless fuel etc.

Which means people can burn anything they want within reason,and does not cause an obstruction to road users I presume,sometimes it does happen,and I'm sure a lot goes on at industrial sites and farms.

I remember years ago policemen used to book people if their chimneys caught fire and caused excessive smoke and sparks,one even done his own mother,so the law is vague over here as is much legislation.

If it was not against the law to burn industrial waste then why have so many been fined .