Suicides

tinollandersancho

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're thinking of the Manx. Mental illness is far more common in the Manx because of historical in-breeding and poor diet.

Shut up you horrid homosexual. Don't even dare come out with that rubbish about Manx people.

Wow. This was so obviously a joke. A hilarious one at that - it certainly had me chuckling. If you struggle with toungue-in-cheek humour you should probabily refrain from responding, it reflects very badly on you.

You're thinking of the Manx. Mental illness is far more common in the Manx because of historical in-breeding and poor diet.

Based on what?

Plucky humour is my guess.

Based on what?

Baked mud/peat soddags (cakes), ergot ridden bonnags and grit. Anything they could get their hands on. One Sulby woman had completely ingested the walls of her wattle and cob home when she ran out of cowree.

It's why they used to see little people. They were off their heads, especially in the North. And the lack of nutrients is obviously why the Manx today as generally a bit mental.

Edited by La_Dolce_Vita

Based on what?

Baked mud/peat soddags (cakes), ergot ridden bonnags and grit. Anything they could get their hands on. One Sulby woman had completely ingested the walls of her wattle and cob home when she ran out of cowree.

It's why they used to see little people. They were off their heads, especially in the North. And the lack of nutrients is obviously why the Manx today as generally a bit mental.

Sorry if I sound a bit stoopid here but does anyone offer translation services? What is "ergot ridden bonnags and grit"? and "wattle and cob home"? and "cowree"? Are these Manx Gaelic words or just manx nicknames for something? Why would they bake mud/peat soddags (whatever they are)?

Ergot is a fungus that grew on crops. Makes people mad. And they used to put grit (like sand) into the bonnags to give them more weight in the stomach.

Their homes were made of wattle and daub or cob (mud and sticks).

And they used to be so short of food they sometimes used to take sods of peat and cook them on the griddle and make cakes out of them.

Edited by La_Dolce_Vita

Based on what?

Is that the North of the Island which is known as the golden triangle? Where the ground is as fertile as anywhere in the British Isles and that is home to the largest river on the island not to mention ample grazing land on the lower slopes of the mountain & the busy fishing port of Ramsey? As for the little people, well name me another place which doesn't have superstitions about imaginary creatures which don't exist.

I think if you truely believe that the diet of our ancestors effects our mental well being today then I imagine stupid pills have a staple in your family for centurys. I suggest you keep your racist views to yourself.

Ergot is a fungus that grew on crops. Makes people mad. And they used to put grit (like sand) into the bonnags to give them more weight in the stomach.

And they used to be so short of food they sometimes used to take sods of peat and cook them on the griddle and make cakes out of them.

Thanks LDV.

A pity you feel the need to even add this comment to such a serious issue. You and your kind have serious issues.

Dont get down about it, but if you do, would it be distasteful to recommend sticking your head in a gas oven, its all natural.

The island seems to have a very high percentage of suicides for the size of population. Tragic. I have never heard about it so much in other parts of the world. Does the island do enough to support people who are depressed ? I apreciate the Island is a very easy place to get depressed. A friend of mine who had lived on the island said to me 'Isle of Man..suicides'Seems he was right. A tragedy for those people and their families.

Great trolling. Love your style.

Comprehensively out trolled by ldv imo merkin.

Edited by pauld

Based on what?

Do us all a favour and get the next boat home. You haven't got a clue about Manx people because you aren't one.

Is this true or are you " mucking " about?!