• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Am I alone in struggling to see how the Elton John gig can possibly go ahead...   ...none of the media outlets have actually spoken direct to the promoters of that gig as far as I'm aware, but witho

Posted Images

I would say just give the man a chance to fulfill his promises.

He has stood the previous years losses and has said he would like to run another concert when the economy picks up.

He would not be saying that if he did not intend to pay the refunds IMO.

Take a step back and think what you have just said. And then ....

http://www.manxradio.com/newsread.aspx?id=52285

Does anyone know how much IOM Post paid to sponsor an act, and exactly how that isn't a loss of taxpayers money?

AND all this speculation - why can't the organisers of the festival just clarify if a full refund will be given, or not. Declining to respond to the OFT or other media outlets which have not given 'favourable' press does not appear to be doing them any favours.

Just been in the news: Irving claims he's taking legal action against Isle of Man Newspapers.

Ha ha, that will cost him yet more money. Does he have any idea how big Johnston Press are?? They probably employ their own legal team in house!!

Edited by spermann

Ha ha, that will cost him yet more money. Does he have any idea how big Johnston Press are?? They probably employ their own legal team in house!!

Sometimes, very rarely, I kinda like the power of huge corporations, however, they might do something unexpected like not bother fighting and sack the editor. I hope I am wrong but... courts work in mysterious ways.

Sometimes, very rarely, I kinda like the power of huge corporations, however, they might do something unexpected like not bother fighting and sack the editor. I hope I am wrong but... courts work in mysterious ways.

Nah, they wont sack the editor....it wont even make Court. The tent illustrated in the MTBF promotional publicity had not been booked - end off.

Nah, they wont sack the editor....it wont even make Court. The tent illustrated in the MTBF promotional publicity had not been booked - end off.

Do we know that any case he is planning against IoMN focuses solely on the statement the newspaper made about the tent. or there may be other issues he has with the coverage?

I know of one person who has received a refund cheque for Bay Festival tickets direct from the organisers and paid it in only to be later informed by the bank that it had bounced.

You arse stealing my story :P

The Post Office's involvement was, I understand, purely delivering brochures across the Island, which couldn't have been worth a lot of money! Certainly not sponsoring any acts!

yes but the posties will have been paid extra per glossy brochure, thats an extra on top of their normal pay ! :(

'But he later told Granada Reports that he had booked a 66 by 104 metre big top tent from another company - Mobile Stadiums - which is called an MT66 but which Mr Irving said he feels he is "quite entitled to call the Valhalla".'

So - does that mean we are quite entitled to call him a 'knob' then?

If in fact the 66 by 104 metre tent has been booked and is coming for the Elton John performance surely most of the

tent cost is the transport and assembly and that being the case why cant either the Elton John promoters or

Irving continue with the Westlife concert. Irving I believe at one stage did say the 4500 Westlife tickets on offer had been

sold out so they were releasing a final batch ? If he was telling the truth (?) that is £200k + in ticket sales and should be

enough to cover the Westlife costs and pay a contribution to the cost of the tent. One must presume that if the tent is coming they

have got freight bookings for it already made and therefore the tent could easily still be in situ on Sunday 19th.