I was having a think, is there much stopping you from living in a static caravan if you have permission from the land-owner.

I probably (definately) haven't thought this through entirely but am trying to think of imaginative ways of reducing my outgoings so I can save for a house.

What's the rules with planning etc?

Discuss.

There are no restrictions on owning a caravan, You get a permit from planning that allows you to ship it on the Steam Packet. You will only get a permit if you can show you have suitable storage and are not going to leave it parked on the roadside.

I'm sure there's loads of reasons why this isn't a good idea.

But on a single income renting a flat at £650pcm (and finding a deposit for one), plus gas deposit etc etc. It doesn't leave much scope for saving!

Say I could rent some land off a farmer, I could save for 2 years and probably have more living space than the bedsit I'd likely end up in.

It does sound a bit chavvy though.

No, I fiddle my taxes and pay my NI thanks.

Edited for clarification.

Anything to back up your defamer comment?

Virtually everyone with an IQ above room temperature manages to fiddle some of their taxes. Was I overestimating you?

Have you considered buying one of the cheaper boats that are moored in the Marinas in Douglas/Peel?

This way you get a central location, free electricity and fresh running water as part of the mooring fees.

No, I fiddle my taxes and pay my NI thanks.

Edited for clarification.

Anything to back up your defamer comment?

Virtually everyone with an IQ above room temperature manages to fiddle some of their taxes. Was I overestimating you?

Very much so, I submitt all info needed.

So thanks for your comments, you look more of a twat than usual.

Well done for saying you fiddle your taxes.

I was having a think, is there much stopping you from living in a static caravan if you have permission from the land-owner.

I probably (definately) haven't thought this through entirely but am trying to think of imaginative ways of reducing my outgoings so I can save for a house.

What's the rules with planning etc?

Discuss.

you need planning for a static or mobile cravan if you live in it on somebodys land.

gone are the days you could hide one somewhere out of view because the planning lot use good old up to date google earth to track any planning not approved