Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
ballaboy

Another Defeat For The Clarksons

Are the rumours true that Mr Costain (one of the PROWL founders) who lives on the footpath that runs from Fistard Road to the Glen Chass Road is wanting the footpath moved because people are walking past the front of his property and having a skeet in through his windows?

Sounds about right, cheeky bastards.

It wouldn't surprise me. I'd happily take a shit in his garden. PROWL knob-end.

Mr Clarkson has done nothing wrong and if Mr Costain offers a diversion as Mr Clarkson did then I am sure it would be acceptable??

Edited by daisy

Mr Clarkson has done nothing wrong

If only the case were as simple as you apparently are.

She has a point though, clarkson maybe a cock but he is entitled to his privacy and imo prowl arnt seeing this, so if mr costain has a problem with people walking past his window then fuck him. I may even go for a walk this afternoon and take some pictures of whats inside his house.

Well...I've heard just this minute (and in being totally fucking bonkers, taken it is total fact) that Costain has ALREADY diverted the path via Union Mills. Cripes! What to think now! I'm 10% more cross about things than before, but only for 15 seconds.

The whole footpath affair just tortures my mind.

Maybe you should go in his house and have a crazy dance around the place based on these 'ere facts I tell you!

Edited by La_Dolce_Vita

Maybe you should go in his house and have a crazy dance around the place based on these 'ere facts I tell you!

'his house'? Surely it is 'our house' as there is no such thing as ownership and all 'property' is shared? I'm going round now, and when I leave I'm going to take the little fucker's binoculars. Then, when plod nicks me, I shall ask you to represent me so you can tell the court why there is nosuch offence as burglary or theft.

And, to respond to a point made earlier, I have been a regular user of Langness for a very long time (as a walker, not dog-owner) and there has definitely been a steady increase in the numbers of people walking up there, many, no doubt, due to the publicity in recent years.

Also, as a regular Langness walker, I couldn't give less of a shit about being asked to walk on the land side of the lighthouse rather than the sea side if I tried.

'his house'? Surely it is 'our house' as there is no such thing as ownership and all 'property' is shared? I'm going round now, and when I leave I'm going to take the little fucker's binoculars. Then, when plod nicks me, I shall ask you to represent me so you can tell the court why there is nosuch offence as burglary or theft.

Are you stupid? Of course it's not our house. You can't read anything I post!

Are you stupid?

yes

Of course it's not our house.

It may be his home, but it isn't anyone's house - property is theft, after all. Although, if there is no property ownership, then the concept of theft disappears, which means property can't be theft as theft doesn't exist.......confusing.

You can't read anything I post!

I can read it. However, I don't always understand, just as I suspect you don't when you are typing it.

You've formed a simplistic understanding from what I have said. Read Proudhon.

Edited by La_Dolce_Vita

Confused.com

The power of advertising, you 2 have just written the script.

Edited by pauld

If PROWL win I will set bear traps around the currently restricted parts of Langness.

Well,back to normal with ignorant, selfish comments like that you should provide an excellent mate for Sarah Palin, another heartless example of humanity. Do you really dislike the walkers, or is it the pull of celebrity and the crassness of 'Top Gear' that appeal to you. Why not get together with Stu Peters and his text mates and form a Political Party. Then if successful you can make your own rules. I'm positive that would appeal to Mr Peters. Why did he not run for the Keys, surely he dose not believe he would not get massive support, on this caring Isle.

If PROWL win I will set bear traps around the currently restricted parts of Langness.

Do you really dislike the walkers, or is it the pull of celebrity and the crassness of 'Top Gear' that appeal to you.

Spot the PROWL member anyone?

I love how you make out its Top Gear vs walkers, not a militant right of way group vs a man and his rights as a landowner, who just happens to present on Top Gear.

Me personally, I don't dislike walkers. Hell, used to do enough of it in Dorset, Norfolk and Yorkshire. But I do dislike PROWL, who have waged a campaign against a well known TV personality, just because they are a TV personality. If it had been Mr. A Nonymous landowner, this wouldn't have amounted to anything more than an inch or two in the local rag.

And I fully support Tuggers idea to lace the path with bear-traps, although I might suggest using actual bears. Would love to see a PROWLer argue the toss with 500lbs grizzly.

Edited by MilitantDogOwner

I have no affiliations with Prowl and I agree more with the previous poster. I don't think it is a massive deal, but I agree more with keeping the path open.

Do you honestly think it is the case then MDO that those who are For one stance are PROWL members and then there are the rest?

Edited by La_Dolce_Vita

Asthe Deemster points out in his judgement it is one year and four months since the paths were designated ROWs after a properly conducted inquiry. By a very expensive legal procedure the apellants have managed to delay the implementation of the ROWS, but it would now appear that the DOI have to go ahead and get the signposts erected and in no time everyone will wonder what all thefuss was about. If purchasers do not heed warnings from govt depts and advocates prior to purchase they should not complain when due process of the law finds them to be at fault in closing a footpath.