Barcelona 3, Man Utd 1

ManxTaxPayer

The scary thing for English football is that United were poor this season and still won the premiership by 9 points, what chance is there for the rest?

OK, give Fergie £250M to spend and who's he going to be able to buy to start catching Barca

That game last night was a bitter disappointment as a United follower, but I have to say Barca probably played what could possibly be said the most perfect game of football ever seen - that's scary, they don't look like being beaten in Europe any time soon...but football's a funny old game

...hopefully

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say Barca probably played what could possibly be said the most perfect game of football ever seen

Absolutely. There's no shame at all in being the second best team in Europe when the top side play like that!

I have to say Barca probably played what could possibly be said the most perfect game of football ever seen

Absolutely. There's no shame at all in being the second best team in Europe when the top side play like that!

and when in all fairness, utds season has been non to good, the palyers they have are not up to scratch.

so all in all not a bad result to be honest

Barca are just a fantastic team, how do you handle a player like Messi? I often hear the expression the ball is glued to the foot, but Messi really demonstrates it.

Barca aren't a one man team by any means, but Messi really makes them tick.

Man Utd are not the second best team in europe. Not even the best team in Premier League.

Man Utd are not the second best team in europe. Not even the best team in Premier League.

ha ha ha how you work that out.

hmm won the league, that means top which means best of the premier league.

and came 2nd in the final which tends to mean 2nd best in euro.

not to mention there the best ever team in the premier league ever

or am i missing something.

Edited by gazza

came 2nd in the final which tends to mean 2nd best in euro.

ah, so when Liverpool won the final in 2005, they were the best in europe that year?

Man Utd's run to the final...

Bursaspor, Rangers, Valencia (group stage)

Marseille, Chelsea, Shalke 04 (Knock out)

Other than Chelsea, Barcelona were the only top team they played.. and they were annihilated.

came 2nd in the final which tends to mean 2nd best in euro.

ah, so when Liverpool won the final in 2005, they were the best in europe that year?

Man Utd's run to the final...

Bursaspor, Rangers, Valencia (group stage)

Marseille, Chelsea, Shalke 04 (Knock out)

Other than Chelsea, Barcelona were the only top team they played.. and they were annihilated.

yes it would seam that way, but not the best in the english league.

hmm not sure how that works lol.

it be ok we can have one more try at it again next year :cool:

The best team doesn't always win the Premiership, Gazza. Luck, injuries, refereeing decisions etc don't average out over the season. It's possible, for example, for a team to be the best team over three years but only win two of three titles (Blackburn in 94, Arsenal in 89, for example.)

This season there wasn't an outstanding team, there were lots of teams in transition, however, there was club and manager that knew how to win the title, and did it. So it was deserved championship, but the best team has yet to emerge.

However the number nineteen seems to be important at the moment - it's the 19th season of the Premiership, it's the 19th consecutive season where Liverpool have failed to win the Premiership, Man U have now been League Champions for a record 19 times and they got nineteen touches of the ball against Barcelona.

:lol:

What an amazing coincidence![/font]

:lol: