Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
thommo2010

Elton John Concert

Well I like a lot of Elton John's songs but I didn't enjoy the concert at all.

You must be one of the very few that didn't. I thought it was an awesome night and everyone I was with enjoyed it, thought the atmosphere was fantastic, a great show, great performance and worth every single penny.

Top night.

Great show from a true professional.

To play for two and a half hours with that intensity and no band to fall back on for a break show how talented he really is.

And still so many great songs he didnt get round to play.

Well I like a lot of Elton John's songs but I didn't enjoy the concert at all.

I guess you did not go, or you are totally deaf.

Fantastic night. More please.

And of course "MANXTAXPAYER" has to find a fault as he's obviously in that small percentage who will go out of his way to find a fault in absolutely anything. Y'know what mate. I'd stay in doors if I were you. Outside life is obviously too much for you.

This man last night played like a god. He could stir the audience up into a frenzy of cheers by just the way he moved his head to the side. What a showman! I just hope that the island has more concerts like this.

And of course "MANXTAXPAYER" has to find a fault as he's obviously in that small percentage who will go out of his way to find a fault in absolutely anything.

I admit Elton John's not really for me, a bit granny's favourite for my tastes but each to their own. However, even I would struggle to find a fault in last night's performance. I wasn't there.

I just hope that the island has more concerts like this.

Now there's an idea - with such a good view of the bay up there in Nobles Park, maybe we could call it the Bay Festival or something?

It reinforces my belief that the Manx public will support any large act & promoter willing to take the chance on us ...

When it's done properly, as it was last night, you can't help but think we've been deprived too long.

Bravo Elton John, a true British institution & iconic stage performer.

Coldplay next please Mr. 'would be' Promoter man.

maybe we could call it the Bay Festival or something?

Nah, I prefer Nobstock.

I did hear that somewhere.

It's so GOOD to see so many Positive Comments both here and on The Examiner Website and most of them agree it is time we shouted Louder! than all the whiners that seem to camp out on Manx sites! what image do they send out, sadly their lives seem so negative.

Amazing concert performed by a consummate professional. First class!

Thanks Elton for visiting and giving a top class show. You are a superstar in the true meaning of super.

Just hope that this will be the first of the real big stars to come here and perform.