Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
thommo2010

Elton John Concert

Thanks Elton for visiting and giving a top class show. You are a superstar in the true meaning of super.

Is he a member?

Is he a member?

Of what, Manxforums?

Is it a prerequisite?

Thanks Elton for visiting and giving a top class show. You are a superstar in the true meaning of super.

Is he a member?

Dick head

It depends what this has cost the Manx tax payer(if anything) wether other promotors can put a big act on. Otherwise were just back the the same business plan as the bay festival.

I spoke to many people who'd attended the concert last night - from teenagers to pensioners - and everyone had thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

Simple fact: you don't remain at the top of your profession for four decades unless you have genuine talent.

Simple question: Since it's been renovated (at public expense) is the Bowl now a suitable venue for large concerts of this kind?

I'm not a fan of Elton John, I was watching this last night - MUCH better musicians but ofc they are not as famous as Sir Elton 1970's quite good piano player are they? Most people on the manx tube vid look muntered, I think even I might have enjoyed it if I was that drunk (or whatever). Glad people had a good night but even gladder I like what I like and not what the radio tells me to like. :D

I'm not a fan of Elton John, I was watching this last night -

Very good (but why does the man in pyjamas look as if he's constipated?) ;)

I'm not a fan of Elton John, I was watching this last night - MUCH better musicians but ofc they are not as famous as Sir Elton 1970's quite good piano player are they? Most people on the manx tube vid look muntered, I think even I might have enjoyed it if I was that drunk (or whatever). Glad people had a good night but even gladder I like what I like and not what the radio tells me to like. :D

Yeah right on...I was at home listening to Sonic Youth, doing some shoe gazing.....

;)

Meanwhile the wife was in EJ's tent consuming large amounts of Cider! Her loss.

It depends what this has cost the Manx tax payer(if anything) wether other promotors can put a big act on. Otherwise were just back the the same business plan as the bay festival.

How much did the Bay Festival cost Manx taxpayers again?

How much did the Bay Festival cost Manx taxpayers again?

It cost me a night out to see the Ozzie Pink Floyd again....babysitters booked and everything. Irvvvvviiiiiinnnngggggg.....(*shakes fist with indignation)

You can enjoy all sorts of music, it's O.K. you know. This is fantastic modern jazz, and I've never heard of them, but I'll bet Elton would love this too as he's known for his catholic tastes (waits for obvious joke...). I didn't go to the concert but I'm really pleased it went so well. I've always admired his talent and if you go way back over his career he's recorded some marvellous stuff. Check out Tumbleweed Connection, a beautiful song suite about the old west from 1970, and thanks again for the jazz, it's beautiful music.

Someone in that video said - "He was so complimnetary about the Isle of Man". Funny - he was here for - what - eight hours in total? Some people are so easily patronised.

Baaaaaah - it's not jazz, as if I like jazz :) Lonan, having watched quite a few of his youtubes I think he's more really into his music than constipated I can tell thee this though, if I could create music like that I'd have the opposite problem x

Is he a member?

Of what, Manxforums?

Is it a prerequisite?

I'm amused when someone addresses someone personally (ie "Thanks Elton..." etc) on a site they're unlikely to visit. That's all no big deal.