Tonights Sidecar Practise Red Flagged

ManxTaxPayer

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are saying there was oil on the road

from the marks i seen on the road today,

they have marked the road all the way from ballaugh bridge, just past the pub there is a lot of markings on the road, as to show something went wrong there.

marks follow the raceing line all the way to where it went wrong,

so its a preety good guess and prob not far from the truth.

How can you question a rider(s) ability after they've died

When you put it like that...

Ah come on!, These guys were racing among the best, I can't see how anyone on here can possibly judge a racer(s) ability merely on age, If they weren't capable they would never have been allowed to race!!

i was asking is there an age limit, or was there ever. i also didn't blame what happened on age, as i said an 83 year old won on monday. until the facts of what happened come out it is pretty pointless trying to guess. i suppose i asked the wrong question in the wrong thread, but the tragedy of two guys in their 50's and 60's along with a free bus pass winner wondering about his letter from the queen made me think about it. you usually get teenagers and 20-30 somethings doing this stuff, not the other end of the scale.

they have marked the road all the way from ballaugh bridge, just past the pub there is a lot of markings on the road, as to show something went wrong there.

whats a good guess? they skidded out on oil?? or started loosing it at ballaugh bridge and seized up because of lack of it?

RIP brave lads and my heart aches for the family and friends who need to continue their lives without them. I hope they get comfort from the fact that death occured when doing something they must have loved doing and had a passion for. As for their age - so what?! Means they had had the chance to enjoy many races and that they died while truely living.

Define capability.

Capability = As decided by racing officials, those who insured them, those who issued a clean bill of health (medical) and by those racing alongside (would you ride maxed out with someone considered a 'liability')

But lets wait for the report into what happened shall we?

A bit further than you think maybe. The trail of oil/petrol/whatever is marked on the road from before the bridge, just at the start of the 30 limit before the garage. It is marked in yellow on the racing line all the way to the scene. There is also a trail of whatever on the road going past the Wild Life Park again on the racing line, although this has been covered with cement dust.

I am not speculating, just making an observation.

i was asking is there an age limit, or was there ever. i also didn't blame what happened on age, as i said an 83 year old won on monday. until the facts of what happened come out it is pretty pointless trying to guess. i suppose i asked the wrong question in the wrong thread, but the tragedy of two guys in their 50's and 60's along with a free bus pass winner wondering about his letter from the queen made me think about it. you usually get teenagers and 20-30 somethings doing this stuff, not the other end of the scale.

Apologies for lack of quotations, My first post was directed at 'lost login'

whats a good guess? they skidded out on oil?? or started loosing it at ballaugh bridge and seized up because of lack of it?

that was my thinking anyways

RIP brave lads and my heart aches for the family and friends who need to continue their lives without them. I hope they get comfort from the fact that death occured when doing something they must have loved doing and had a passion for. As for their age - so what?! Means they had had the chance to enjoy many races and that they died while truely living.

I second that.

Define capability.

Capability = As decided by racing officials, those who insured them, those who issued a clean bill of health (medical) and by those racing alongside (would you ride maxed out with someone considered a 'liability')

I'm not interested in what happened to these two guys specifically, but I am curious what it is that racing officials etc decide participants are capable of. You said if [participants] weren't capable, then they wouldn't be allowed to race. Capable of what?

Define capability.

Maybe I misunderstand what you are saying here but I hope you are not suggesting that Bill & Kev were not capable or fit to be racing the TT. They met all the criteria for racing the TT, were passed (as all riders are) medically fit and I would happily go barreling into a corner at 14omph wheel to wheel with them. Just because they were older than what people see fit to be the norm for racing does not mean they were passed their best. Bill set his fastest laps last year and if you care to look at the timings I think you will find we was averaging 109mph to Ballaugh.

They were both faster, safer and more talented than I ever was.

As I have said before, a massive loss to the Sidecar Family. All the lads in the paddock liked and respected them.

Whatever we think of that site (which is not mine ffs but I am a member on it) that is the 3rd story they have broken first ahead of any other, the bay festival being one of the others, the third escapes me right now.

alzheimer's convention?? :P

Apologies for lack of quotations, My first post was directed at 'lost login'

not a problem at all, i quoted a post i shouldn't have with my comment. i think i managed to cross a few wires and short circuit things a bit, sorry for any confusion caused. i am now convinced my first post was in the wrong thread at the wrong time, sorry to all for clouding the waters.