Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
K.os Theory

Elder Scrolls V

really??? i suppose its down to taste or maybe because youve already learned one way to do it on keyboard so why change? fallout and elder scrolls all feel more natural with a gamepad, in fact if a game doesnt have pad support i would seldom play it

i am looking forward to new drivers for AMD cards though, getting a slight scaling issue which i am sure if i had nvidia cards wouldnt happen. not tearing or anything just a lag in framerates every few steps i walk. no doubt the RAM on the GPU filling up with new data, maybe i need to think about getting >1GB cards!

And flight sims when I cant be arsed getting the flight controls out. Tried it on Skyrim and it was just wrong. smile.png

And games built from the ground up to be played on the console, then ported to the PC, I played Morrowind and Oblivion through with M/K which felt pretty natural, Oblivion on Xbox felt clunky but Skyrim feels right with the controller.

But horses for courses.

But horses for courses.

Yes, each to their own. Ever since mouse look came out on Quake, I've only been able to play with a keyboard and mouse

i am looking forward to new drivers for AMD cards though, getting a slight scaling issue which i am sure if i had nvidia cards wouldnt happen. not tearing or anything just a lag in framerates every few steps i walk. no doubt the RAM on the GPU filling up with new data, maybe i need to think about getting >1GB cards!

I'm running on a 2GB 6970 and I'm still getting some lag indoors. Turning off VSYNC and it goes away completely but then get minor tearing so would rather live with the indoor lag. If you run MSI Afterburner, you can see how much video memory is being used. Mine hovers around 1GB and under.

my skyrim game launcher DOES NOT have the option for vsync, it is forced on.

im glad to hear you are getting the lag indoors as well with a 2GB 6970, this shows that all we need is the next version of CCC 11.10 before improvements. we may even have to wait until 11.11 as the current improvements on the CCC drivers are only for Rage (shit) and BF3 (fookin amazing)

again re-iterating that nvidia cards, for what they are worth; wouldnt have had this type of problem. im feeling an itch to switch.

my skyrim game launcher DOES NOT have the option for vsync, it is forced on.

im glad to hear you are getting the lag indoors as well with a 2GB 6970, this shows that all we need is the next version of CCC 11.10 before improvements. we may even have to wait until 11.11 as the current improvements on the CCC drivers are only for Rage (shit) and BF3 (fookin amazing)

again re-iterating that nvidia cards, for what they are worth; wouldnt have had this type of problem. im feeling an itch to switch.

I'm used to it now once I get immersed and its not too bad, I'm just very picky. 11.11 was out the other day but it hasnt made any difference. The release notes didnt mention any Skyrim improvments so probably another month to wait until 11.12. In your c:\userprofilename\My Documents\My Games\Skyrim, you can edit the skyrim.ini to disable vsync. Add 'iPresentInterval=0' to the display section or was it =1 ... try both but I'm sure its 0

I think your absolutely right about the NVidia cards, they dont have these sort of problems and have more frequent driver updates. Having tried a 570 and a 580 in the last month tho, I still prefer AMD's colour palette. Entirely subjective but I could never get NVidia colours to look right compared to what I've been used to with AMD. Mainly reds and blues far to bright. Much faster cards tho.

Quite amusing but dreadfully out of date, they clearly haven't played the Goblin starting area in Cataclysm where you drive around in a souped up hot rod and dodge invading assassins before playing a game of American football with giant robots and then blowing your way into a bank to rob it on the way to assassinating the evil local goblin-mafia kingpin. This is all before Level 5.

Quite amusing but dreadfully out of date, they clearly haven't played the Goblin starting area in Cataclysm where you drive around in a souped up hot rod and dodge invading assassins before playing a game of American football with giant robots and then blowing your way into a bank to rob it on the way to assassinating the evil local goblin-mafia kingpin. This is all before Level 5.

Sorry Twonky, you were right all along. That sounds exactly like Skyrim...

WoW is pretty garbage mate, Skyrim is so many leagues above it, it's not even possible to compare! Wow's better at multi player though, i give you that!

There were a few amusing quests like you mentioned above (i never played Goblin myself) but the majority was "travel to here, kill x of these, and deliver to x". Still quite enjoyable at times, but i couldn't help but have a profound sense of de ja vu all the way through playing.

I bet the sequel (if they make one) will be ace though. For a while anyway

Too many leet kids complaining as well. I was a pretty good undead priest but still got stick from snot nosed kids when raiding, just because i didnt play 12 hours a day due to having a family (and a life!)

Edited by somewhatdamaged

Sorry Twonky, you were right all along. That sounds exactly like Skyrim...

Well that's the one thing Skyrim is missing, a sense of humour.

At least WoW mixes in some trivial nonsense with all the epic questlines.

Well that's the one thing Skyrim is missing, a sense of humour.

At least WoW mixes in some trivial nonsense with all the epic questlines.

It's a bit earnest isn't it? Having come to it from the utterly loopy Dark Souls, I'm finding it very straight faced.

that's what i love about Skyrim though, it is straight faced, it feels like a proper world going through the upheaval of an impending civil war...but that said....

...you've obviously not found the quest line "night to remember" yet, that is a very funny sidequest ( with a rather nice reward to boot ), and i'm sure more exploring will unearth more of Bethesda's "quirky" quest lines. I'm still on the look out for some fallout easter eggs.

...you've obviously not found the quest line "night to remember" yet, that is a very funny sidequest ( with a rather nice reward to boot ), and i'm sure more exploring will unearth more of Bethesda's "quirky" quest lines. I'm still on the look out for some fallout easter eggs.

Heh, yeah I have done that quest, good fun and a great ending. I see there's a minecraft easter egg too.