Holy Shit!

Sentience

One thing I would add is that this thread has made me aware of a locksmiths that reply to emergency's quickly for a reasonable call out charge. I will give them a go when I need one again as now IF+F have closed I did not know who to try. Good free advertising for them and the OP must of lived a very sheltered life and/or is very skint to moan about their service which seems good and quick. Is there an old score to settle going on here maybe? shared ex girlfriend? OP bullied at school by locksmith? something stinks, especially as the OP is continuing to justify their post even today.
Faylesafe - opoosite Howard's Convenience store, Douglas (used to be 5* security, now owned and ran by the guy from IFF), very good service, can't fault them.

+1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work for a Company that charges a call out rate, you get the ones that phone up after we have sent the Engineers out to do the job they request them to do, then bitch and whinge about call out charges! We work on a very good system of quarter hour charges so if the engineer was there only say 20 minutes, I would just charge the call out and quarter hour .... Some still think they are entitled to get expert help and advice for free though ... It amazes me ... If you call for an expert and that expert does the job ... pay the bill !

Did you not know that as a small local tradesman you offer your services and expert knowledge for free.

You train in your chosen trade at your own expense, you advertise in the phone book and paper at your own expense.

You pay for all your tools, trade subscriptions and van etc out of your own cash as you have nothing better to do with it.

People are quick to moan , what about the dicks that get you to do a job and then don't pay for some obscure reason. Would you go to tesco's and get food only to turn round and say I'll pay you in a couple of months......

Did you not know that as a small local tradesman you offer your services and expert knowledge for free.

You train in your chosen trade at your own expense, you advertise in the phone book and paper at your own expense.

You pay for all your tools, trade subscriptions and van etc out of your own cash as you have nothing better to do with it.

People are quick to moan , what about the dicks that get you to do a job and then don't pay for some obscure reason. Would you go to tesco's and get food only to turn round and say I'll pay you in a couple of months......

Now you've gone and done it BB.

Tesco will probably do payments in instalments now!

Not just that, but the fact that he happened to be round the corner for you is a bit of a red herring. I would expect the charge will be the same no matter where you are, it just so happens he was close by.

You try calling out a plumber or an electrician and the charges will be most likely higher. That's the price you pay for calling out skilled tradesmen outside of normal working hours.

For future reference what IS the call-out charge for a Plumber / Electrician ?

Edited by taz8130