General Election 2011 - Douglas East

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If there is just one of the current shambolic circus of half - wits, chancers and cynics occupying seats in the Keys that I would like to see emptied it's that odious piece of garbage Cannell. She's an even bigger disgrace than woodentop Henderson. Her loathsome self- serving cynical distortion of the breast care issue ( as expertly set out by Cableguy) is enough to render her unfit for public office. And I say that as a 62 year old woman who, god forbid , may need the service.... and who wants to see more women elected.... but not this wretched harridan.

I have to say, that is the most offensive post I have ever read on a Manx forum.

I strongly disagree. It'a a pefectly valid, honest - if strongly worded - opinion about a publically elected politician. It may not be positive, but that's politics. If you want pink fluffy bunny talk, work in a Kindergarten :)

The Hansard debate in Tynwald about breast cancer care can be accessed by clicking below.

http://www.tynwald.org.im/papers/early/tynwald/ept210611c.pdf

While it is a long document to read it shows that Mrs Cannell was not electioneering about this issue.

What it does highlight is the lack of honesty by the Department of Health to admit to delays and

exposes the fact they changed the job spec at the 11th hour to satisfy the Royal College of Surgeons

and other emminent medical persons who raised doubts. It also highlights a report that the Manx Government

wanted hidden from the public written by such emminent authorities.

Cancer is a horrible disease and it has probably touched everyone who reads this forum with a friend or relative

suffering from it. But things are slowly improving with greater research and new cures found.

Breast cancer is just one issue in a whole spectrum of this subject. But if readers just examine the

Hansard they will realise the Health Service has been forced to think again on one aspect of it.

And if you still think Mrs Cannell is electioneering on this subject then ok. I am glad she is because

someone needs to.

The Hansard debate in Tynwald about breast cancer care can be accessed by clicking below.

http://www.tynwald.org.im/papers/early/tynwald/ept210611c.pdf

While it is a long document to read it shows that Mrs Cannell was not electioneering about this issue.

What it does highlight is the lack of honesty by the Department of Health to admit to delays and

exposes the fact they changed the job spec at the 11th hour to satisfy the Royal College of Surgeons

and other emminent medical persons who raised doubts. It also highlights a report that the Manx Government

wanted hidden from the public written by such emminent authorities.

Cancer is a horrible disease and it has probably touched everyone who reads this forum with a friend or relative

suffering from it. But things are slowly improving with greater research and new cures found.

Breast cancer is just one issue in a whole spectrum of this subject. But if readers just examine the

Hansard they will realise the Health Service has been forced to think again on one aspect of it.

And if you still think Mrs Cannell is electioneering on this subject then ok. I am glad she is because

someone needs to.

What a load of waffle. The MHK's deserve their high salary for listening to that bollocks hour upon hour. It is no wonder some nod off during sessions.

Still think Cannell was electioneering and is still way out of her depth on important issues like medical matters.

More worrying though, was the stance of my North Douglas MHKs. They seem to have backed the wrong horse and may well regret that.(Although, luckily for them, not too many voters will have read that Hansard or heard it live on MR, maybe)

I am sorry your intellect does not extend to a constructive reply to such a serious matter.

But that is your choice and your right.

"Constructive reply", you mean like in the waffle you linked to?. Was there much contructive in that?

I don't need 10000 words to say what I think of what Cannell did for cancer sufferers. :angry:

I have just read on another thread that no requisition meetings will be called in Douglas. If that is the case it is really quite unbelievable that the voters care so little about what their prospective MHK's have to say

I have just read on another thread that no requisition meetings will be called in Douglas. If that is the case it is really quite unbelievable that the voters care so little about what their prospective MHK's have to say

It is, but then surely those seeking election should be creating a platform? Its not really up to the voters to try to give them a platform is it? The idea of public debate is fine but surely those standing should be looking for opportunities to advertise their beliefs and views at these sort of forums? The whole thing is pathetic really.

It is, but then surely those seeking election should be creating a platform? Its not really up to the voters to try to give them a platform is it? The idea of public debate is fine but surely those standing should be looking for opportunities to advertise their beliefs and views at these sort of forums? The whole thing is pathetic really.

What's to be said, if both the electorate and the candidates don't understand the issues?

Initial thoughts on MR debate was Chris Robertshaw came across best and I think has confirmed the view he is probably the best of the candidates standing in the seat.

Cannell was stident as expected but I think she is potentially vulnerable to the challenge that she is great at hind sight or pointing out problems now but why have you not raised or done anything about them before. Basically it reinforced the impression that if there is a band wangon she would be first aboard.

As for the rest, none make a great impression but I think Geraldine O'Neil when she spoke sounded in control if with not much content whilst Richard Kissack made little impression and on the odd occasion he spoke I thought he made himself look a bit foolish. I think it was him stating hehad not read certain documents which you would have expected him to have. Sometimes though it is difficult to remember whose voice is whose.