General Election 2011 - Ramsey

Declan

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only have 3 leaflets thorugh so far and only 2 of those have been printed in Ramsey.

Anne Craine - 3 double sided A4 trifold full gloss print - Ramsey Press

Allan Bell - double sided single postcard only so far - Ramsey Press

John McDonough - double sided A4 single sheet colour photocopy - Copycat, Ramsey

Linda Bowers-Kasch - double sided A5 single sheet printed sheet only so far - Copy Shop, Douglas

Lawrie Hooper - double sided A5 single sheet printed sheet only so far - Copy Shop, Douglas

Leonard Singer - 6 double sided glossy printed A5 page booklet + single sided A5 sheet - Copy Shop, Douglas

Striking difference in printing budget so far too.

John McDonough - double sided A4 single sheet colour photocopy - Copycat, Ramsey

Linda Bowers-Kasch - double sided A5 single sheet printed sheet only so far - Copy Shop, Douglas

Lawrie Hooper - double sided A5 single sheet printed sheet only so far - Copy Shop, Douglas

Leonard Singer - 6 double sided glossy printed A5 page booklet + single sided A5 sheet - Copy Shop, Douglas

Wow! Its impressive that some of those people travelled all the way from their homes to Ramsey for that! :P

I've only have 3 leaflets thorugh so far and only 2 of those have been printed in Ramsey.

Lawrie Hooper - double sided A4 colour photocopy - Copycat, Ramsey

Linda Bowers-Kasch - double sided 4 page colour booklet (addressed to one family member) - Copy Shop, Douglas

* ETA additional information to Lawrie Hooper

* ETA additional information to Linda Bowers-Kasch[/font]

Edited by Addie

Bell & Craine clearly supporting local businesses, surprised that Singer chose not to do so.

John McDonough also got his stuff printed in Ramsey, I received mine through the door about a month ago!

some of Anne Craines posters were printed in Douglas I saw them being delivered in Ramsey

by a Douglas printing company.

After listening to Manx radio broadcast from Ramsey it was obvious that Bell / Craine arguments had little foundation

as there was panic in their replies when put under pressure.

After listening to Manx radio broadcast from Ramsey it was obvious that Bell / Craine arguments had little foundation

as there was panic in their replies when put under pressure.

I thought that too. I think Bell did OK though. Craine was too defensive, especially when she finished with a statement something like "Vote for me. This is no time for apprentices, it is a time to elect experienced people."

She is 100% correct. That is why she should not get back in.

Craine better than Bell. He took his usual approach of turning into Chicken Licken whenever challenged. Apparently, the Island is facing unparalleled unprecedented times and unless we do exactly what's just crossed Allen's mind the sky will fall in.

He should make up his mind. One minute we've virtually zero unemployment and 26 years of growth and no national debt and the next he's pedaling the myth that the Island is on verge of economic deline and a collapse into social Anarchy.

He has a lot of qualities but this hectoring panic he adopts at times worries me should he become CM.

There's a good tip on Annie Craine's attitude to Petrol prices on the Petrol Price discussion bit of Manx Forums,she clearly stated she was not going to apply any reduction the same as the Scottish Islands are getting.

Note to Ramsey motorists when you call at the polling stations,shake hands with Annie,and ask her why no money off.

Craine was too defensive, especially when she finished with a statement something like "Vote for me. This is no time for apprentices, it is a time to elect experienced people."

She is 100% correct. That is why she should not get back in.

:lol:

Mr Bell told us that he was in favour of seriously looking at the prospect of removing family allowance from those who had no financial need of it.

It has since got me thinking, where this too wealthy to qualify notion would stop. Could the same apply to state pensions, I wonder? Should people of high net worth be entitled to a State Pension, or their children be entitled to free education? Should MHK/MLC's pensions be paid if they are well off or just perfectly able to fund their own?

It may sound silly, but I do wonder.