Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
carbon selector

Andy Kershaw Book

I noticed this morning that his house in Peel is up for sale.

No it isn't, it is a cottage behind it that belongs to him as well

I know the cottage was up for sale some weeks ago, dunno if it was sold or not, but the current "for sale" sign is pinned to the front of his house with no mention of the cottage?

Yes, as far as I am aware it is his house which is for sale.

I would strongly suggest everyone to give this book a read!

Yes, he is very opinionated and sometimes can come off as a bit brash, but he is a throughly nice man who has a lifetime of amazing stories to tell which he does so in an extremely humourous and compelling way.

And I'm totally not biased or anything, despite my family (the McLeans) being mentioned and praised in the book ;)

I've never met him but can't help but like him and feel that he was very poorly treated by the Manx "justice" system. He always had nothing but good things to say about the island and it's people and it's to his credit that he hasn't been more voiciferous about the treatment he recieved. As far as I know.

It seems that our "hanging judges" are hell bent on making sure our prison is fully occupied at all times by imprisoning fairly minor offenders!

I noticed this morning that his house in Peel is up for sale.

No it isn't, it is a cottage behind it that belongs to him as well

I know the cottage was up for sale some weeks ago, dunno if it was sold or not, but the current "for sale" sign is pinned to the front of his house with no mention of the cottage?

Yes, as far as I am aware it is his house which is for sale.

I would strongly suggest everyone to give this book a read!

Yes, he is very opinionated and sometimes can come off as a bit brash, but he is a throughly nice man who has a lifetime of amazing stories to tell which he does so in an extremely humourous and compelling way.

And I'm totally not biased or anything, despite my family (the McLeans) being mentioned and praised in the book ;)

I agree and when I went past today saw that it appears to be his house for sale and the cottage for sale signs have gone, sorry for misleading information

A round of applause for Max Power!. :)

I agree. I keep seeing him about the place and have to stop myself saying 'hello', I do not know him IRL he is a personality 'off the telly'. I had a similar thing with Terry Cringle the other day, I gave him a big hello and smile, then I realised, oh noooooo, he has no idea who you are, you've seen his picture in the paper and now you think you're his best mate - oh the joys of middle age.

The one time I met him I had no idea who he was - we had a chat about his mop of a dog - and went our ways. I was told when I went into Carine's for a cuppa who he was. Seemed a nice bloke. If pets are any reflection of their owners he very definitely is.

Edited by manshimajin