The Sound Cafe

Manx Bean

Im sure the cafe in Cregneash is run by the same people who run the Sound, it is a lot more cosy though.

both of which are iom heratige properties, yet they sell foreign butter portions ??? WE HAVE COWS ON THE ISLAND FFS

iom heratige get your head out of your arse.

Glad to hear it. I was very disappointed the last time I went. And with Niarbyl too.

The Cregneash cafe, however, is lovely.

I still think they could do with revamping the cafeteria method of queuing up and ordering food, and maybe having a separate counter for people who just want afternoon tea or snacks, but we had a variety of meals including queenies, chowder and lamb curry, and it was all delicious.

Im sure the cafe in Cregneash is run by the same people who run the Sound, it is a lot more cosy though.

both of which are iom heratige properties, yet they sell foreign butter portions ??? WE HAVE COWS ON THE ISLAND FFS

iom heratige get your head out of your arse.

Same at the Grove. The menu says "Manx Butter" and they serve you IRISH "Kerry Maid".

Was a time you could get tea and coffee served in china cups, but now it is all your bog standard pub type crockery. It is a shame standards get lower and lower and I think more of the MNH sites are being let down by the catering outlets.

I fully expect to be greeted by Paddy's burger van soon at one of our museums.

• 5 months later...

We went to the Sound Cafe for lunch on Tuesday.

+ The queenies in cream sauce with rice were as usual just gorgeous.

- Their normally fabulous chips were walnut brown and wildly overcooked.

- The salmon and prawn salad was really poor and not as good as previously. The salmon was tired and dry and the prawns were tasteless skinny little things.

+ Waitress service was excellent

• 4 weeks later...

Went last weekend - dire. Most awful machine coffee and a piece of cake that looked as appetising as it could whilst masquerading under its cling film wrap - but which just fell into crumbs at the first touch it was so dry - just horrible.....and for the bargain price of £9 and some pence - near as damn it £10.00 - for 2 coffees and a bit of cake - won't be hurrying back!!

• 2 weeks later...