Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Silentbob

Anagh Coar Homes To Get New Gold Plated Kitchens

There was a particularly cold winter in pulley in 1986. The power station was running at full capacity and the corpy changed everyones windows to triple glazing and supplied duvets to the freezing residents but nothing could provide respite.

try 1960 and your getting close.

marc bolan was still 15 years in the future.

Edited by pauld

There was a particularly cold winter in pulley in 1986. The power station was running at full capacity and the corpy changed everyones windows to triple glazing and supplied duvets to the freezing residents but nothing could provide respite.

Were even the newly installed Aga ranges unable to mitigate the poor dears' plight?

Were even the newly installed Aga ranges unable to mitigate the poor dears' plight?

Unfortunately not. They ended up flying everyone to Bennidorm for two weeks and providing complimentary passes to Sticky Vicky's exclusive Christmas gig.

I have been on here nearly 7 years, you have been on here 4 months and you have nearly surpassed my post count, you are indeed a rent-a-gobshite.

Please go back to fucking your cousins and scamming the government ;)

Hilarious AND informative thread. So LA's get 30% of rents for 'maintenance'? I'm a private renter and my two landlords over the last 14 years have averaged...oh, maybe 0% p.a. in maintenance!

Oh, and ScotsAlan for the next Housing Tsar. He speaks mucho sense and is prepared to consider other views.

Thanks Stu. I rent private too. 10 years now....

Do you think any potential MHKs are re-writing their pamphlets with new housing policies?

I doubt it too :-(

Unfortunately not. They ended up flying everyone to Bennidorm for two weeks and providing complimentary passes to Sticky Vicky's exclusive Christmas gig.

Was that the exclusive xmas gig with Sexy Barbara

Edited by supermac82

right so social housing is subsidised cos you live in a shithole, right got that.

You not going to be controversial and throw your weight behind what oldmanx rent a gob and bob along with amadeus who have claimed that all social housing tenants are "pond life" , baring in mind what happened the last-time/first-time you tried saying something riske are you.

You don't half talk shite...tosser

Edited by steptoe

right so social housing is subsidised cos you live in a shithole, right got that.

You not going to be controversial and throw your weight behind what oldmanx rent a gob and bob along with amadeus who have claimed that all social housing tenants are "pond life" , baring in mind what happened the last-time/first-time you tried saying something riske are you.

Oi, Shirley: Where did I state I think all social housing tenants are pond life?

try 1960 and your getting close.

marc bolan was still 15 years in the future.

50 years of council house living. You could have saved up for a huge deposit in 50 years of living in subsidised housing. But then again you'd have to pay to have your own kitchens put in and for new windows and stuff. Much better to get it all provided so that you can spend more time in the pub and on foreign holidays.

Edited by localyokel

Dragging this back on topic, there are two isues here

1: Waste, ten grand is a ridiculous amount to budget for a 10sqm kitchen and in the pissing-away-our-money league it's right there with the new windows the corpy installed in upper Pulrose homes about a year before they knocked them all down and gave Dan the contract to build new ones

2: Electioneering, one of the soon to be recipients of the aformentioned kitchens told me that Carol Malarkey said not to thank her but to thank Bill, as it was he who was responsible for the decision

BTW I am not standing in Douglas South or anywhere else this election

BTW I am not standing in Douglas South or anywhere else this election

It might be a good idea if those folks who are always slagging off the govt put their names forward for election in September (or April 2012 in the case of the corpy haters)

I would also put money on most of the people who moan never bother voting either.