Scrap Gold Buyers On The Island

The Terminator

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have got a bit of scrap gold I want to sell and do not want to send it to any of the off Island gold companies so I was wondering if there is anyone on the Island that buys scrap gold and if so who is the best to visit

Hi T,

Would love to know what weight and offers they've made.

I presume you've seen websites similar to this one.

I have got a bit of scrap gold I want to sell and do not want to send it to any of the off Island gold companies so I was wondering if there is anyone on the Island that buys scrap gold and if so who is the best to visit

I took some unwanted bits and pieces to the one in Victoria Street and was pleasantly surprised.

Yeah don't send it to those UK websites and get ripped off, when you can send it to an Isle of Man based company.

"CashMyGold, based in Manchester, Cash4Gold, based in west London, and Postal Gold, based in Douglas in the Isle of Man, all accepted they must change their business practices."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12446901

rhs jewellers advertise on MR but you won't get anywhere near the $ per ounce as listed on the stock exchange.

Yes. Maximum trust. I cannot understand the thinking behind their ad on MR. They make much of the fact that if you take your gold in there, they will give you 150% of the price to spend in the shop. This doesn't work on several levels firstly because I imagine that anyone selling their gold wants the dosh rather than to buy more jewellery. Also if they can give 150% of the value, that tells me that either their buying price is low or their mark up on goods is high. Nice work if you can get it but would you shout about it on a radio ad?

Where do you think the gold you sell to the "manx" cash4gold shop is going to go?

They buy it off you for £X, then they sell it to a company in the for £X+1.

Although I think this kind of shop appearing on the Douglas highstreet is doing nothing to lower its chav factor, I'd advice shopping around the get the best "price".

why would anyone sell gold just now except that they're skint ?

You will certainly make more money selling now than the UK govt. did! :lol:

sure, especially when he announced in advance that he was selling !

absolute scotty eejit

but now the more the stocks fall, the higher gold goes