Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
bobbarley

**don't Panic!**

Off to see this tonite, can't wait...

If it is half as good as the old BBC series then I'm in for a good time.

Break out the Babel Fish :lol:

Personally i liked it. I have read the books (minus the doubting salmon) and hopefully this will make more people who see the film but haven't read the book read it. It keeps fairly well to the humor in there and has the token bits (like the whale and petunias) but not enough for my liking. The story is a lot different, there's a random new character which ultimately there is no need for.

Still an alright film, just prefer the book, radio and tv series over it.

Are you referring to the John Malkovich part? Apparently Douglas Adams wrote that part specifically for him, heh. I liked it, although I think if they'd have made the film 5 minutes longer they could have finished all the potential jokes they missed out (beware of leopard sign?) and there were a few bits in that exceeded my expectation. I found I really got into it all when Bill Nighy appeared - the perfect Slartibartfast :D

Great Film, well worth going to see if you enjoy Adam's work. For once a really good film version of a classic book. :lol:

The only thing that spoilt it for me was the iritating little GobS**te sat right behind us talking through every fookin scene in the movie. :o

They should be banned! :angry:

They didn't keep going on about a cat and stuff by any chance did they?

They didn't keep going on about a cat and stuff by any chance did they?

No the little bugger kept on trying to be clever by telling everyone in the vicinity who every character was and why the robot was clinically depressed ( something to do with the size and weight of his head ).

It makes me wonder what it will be like going to watch SWROTS, kids everywhere whooping and hollering... :angry:

Heh! I'm hearing ya K. I was nearly reaching for the 12 guage shottie when he kept piping up.

On screen "What's the answer to the meaning of life?"

Voice from behind so we can all hear "Oh I know this it's 42, blah, blah, blah!"

aaaaargh! shut it! lol

Fair play he was only young, but sat right next to his mother, she just needed to pull the reigns in a bit tighter.