Nhs Dentists

Does anyone know of any dentists over here taking new NHS patients on? I've been ringing Crookall House constantly for the last few days with no luck, and any dentist I've managed to get through to so far has said they're not patients on and can't point me in the right direction.

Cheers!

D

I'm with Thie Roisen in Port Erin. I was on the waiting list initially but managed to get in after about 6 months.

I had an appointment this week - 3 x-rays, replacement filling and a new filling = £45

I'm with Thie Roisen in Port Erin. I was on the waiting list initially but managed to get in after about 6 months.

I had an appointment this week - 3 x-rays, replacement filling and a new filling = £45

Me too but I did have to wait 2 1/2 years :(

Well worth the wait though and their prices are very competitive too I agree. Had a complicated 2 crown 3 tooth bridge done to replace an old plate, handlebars on motorbikes and teeth don't mix well!

It was not covered by NHS as it was classed as cosmetic.

Was only $1250 pounds as opposed to nearly 6k quote from a private practice.

Aren't those both private (ie non-NHS) quotes Blade? Just that one's cheaper than the other.

Under the new pricing structure there are three levels of payment in the NHS

Level One £16.50

preventive care, x rays, scale and polish

Level Two £45.60

fillings and extractions

Level Three £198.00

bridges, dentures etc

Thanks MM but he said "It was not covered by NHS"

Yep, the dentist said because I had asked for it and because there was nothing wrong with the plate it would have to be done privately. I should of made that clear, what I was really pointing out was that even for private work they are very good and charges reasonable, unlike some other private dentists who seem to think we all have film star budgets to play with.