Elections 2011: Polling Day Thread

Well Creggeen back in, so my vote wasnt wasted, ofcourse i mean not wasted as such, he was elected for a second term, has te chance tohit he ground running, instead of 2 or 3 years #settling in#.

Now all we need is phil gawne as CM and mr creggeen may actually achieve something, gazza did better than i expected, good on him for having a go, nice bloke, but life aint all about nice unfortunately.

Are you living in some kind of parallel universe?

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The big day is here & may I take the honour of opening the polling day thread for 2011...from 6000 miles away, so you better keep me informed on what's going on!   Guidance for voters from the

Sucker!

Well Creggeen back in, so my vote wasnt wasted, ofcourse i mean not wasted as such, he was elected for a second term, has te chance tohit he ground running, instead of 2 or 3 years #settling in#.  

All things considered in Ramsey, if I was Anne Craine (or her election agent) I would have asked for a recount.

One pile of ballot papers put in the wrong place is all it takes. It is not unknown in recent history for quite a large margin to be overturned for this very reason.

Edited by RonnieD

Ok genius given the 3 choices i had who would you have voted for and why.

In that area, I probably wouldn't have voted at all - none of them are fit for purpose. The idea of Cregeen (whose name you spelled incorrectly!) hitting the ground running is, to say the very least bizarre! And as for Flaming Gawne as CM - you really have to be joking!

I was asking round work if people voted. A good few did but what was noticeable was that very few women bothered. When I asked them why they said it wouldn't make any difference and that was proved by the fact the same ones got back in in their constituency. They didn't seem to grasp the fact that the same idiots got back in because too many people had the same stupid notions as they did and didn't vote. Needless to say when Big XFactor Brother voting time comes they'll have no trouble spending money to vote for some gobshite on the TV.

We need to introduce some sort of incentive (other than the obvious ones) to get people to vote. A tax rebate of £200 for registering a successful vote? An X-factor/Big Brother text voting option that costs them money, so people don't actually have to get off their lazy arses?

Ok genius given the 3 choices i had who would you have voted for and why.

In that area, I probably wouldn't have voted at all - none of them are fit for purpose. The idea of Cregeen (whose name you spelled incorrectly!) hitting the ground running is, to say the very least bizarre! And as for Flaming Gawne as CM - you really have to be joking!

Calm down dear, i voted the best of the bunch, and the only one that stood on my doorstep, his 20 mins spent on my step, earned him my vote.

As for Gawne i would love to see him as CM,i can see how painful it maybe for all you #new manx# if he was, manx workng class has nothing to fear from a decade of Gawne, you can reply ofcourse with more hand-wavng shite, as is your right, it will be ignored, as is my right.

Edited by pauld

I have just been told that Mrs Malarkey is throwing her toys out of the pram on facebook. What happened to being gracious in defeat!

I wouldn't really say throwing her toys out:

Carol Malarkey

Thank you for all kind words to Bill. It is South Douglas who will miss out. It does go to show that apathy and "I don't need to vote cause he will be fine" syndrome has definitely helped Kate Beecroft get in. Now wait for the "bees influx" good job I like honey!

Calm down dear, i voted the best of the bunch, and the only one that stood on my doorstep, his 20 mins spent on my step, earned him my vote.

As for Gawne i would love to see him as CM,i can see how painful it maybe for all you #new manx# if he was, manx workng class has nothing to fear from a decade of Gawne, you can reply ofcourse with more hand-wavng shite, as is your right, it will be ignored, as is my right.

1. Probably more Manx than you can ever hope to be.

2. Probably more working class than you can ever hope to be.

3. Definitely more intelligent than you can ever hope to be.

I have just been told that Mrs Malarkey is throwing her toys out of the pram on facebook. What happened to being gracious in defeat!

I wouldn't really say throwing her toys out:

Carol Malarkey

Thank you for all kind words to Bill. It is South Douglas who will miss out. It does go to show that apathy and "I don't need to vote cause he will be fine" syndrome has definitely helped Kate Beecroft get in. Now wait for the "bees influx" good job I like honey!

I did wonder what was meant by "Let's just say it will be an interesting five years ahead!"

Pauld

I am interested in your comments on Mr Cregeen. I am sure that he was a very good postman and now after five years he claims to be an expert on any matter which concerns the IOM and many that do not, having spoken to him I have serious doubts as to his capabilities.

I also agree that the other two candidates were indeed unfortunately weak.

The trouble with these elections is that the electorate and in particular those who vote are too influenced by fleeting personal contact,thus postmen,chemists etc do exceptionally well. I was slightlly surprised therefore that Mahendra Patel did not do better in Castletown,(although he was perhaps somewhat late in declaring)

Possibly the answer is to have the Australian system where voting is compulsory, with a fine if you do not vote.

Surely, when we have such perilous times for the IOM it is every person's civic duty to cast a vote.