Elections 2011: Polling Day Thread

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The big day is here & may I take the honour of opening the polling day thread for 2011...from 6000 miles away, so you better keep me informed on what's going on!   Guidance for voters from the

Sucker!

Well Creggeen back in, so my vote wasnt wasted, ofcourse i mean not wasted as such, he was elected for a second term, has te chance tohit he ground running, instead of 2 or 3 years #settling in#.  

I voted, I had been going to vote for someone else but then I got to the polling station and the other person (the one I hadn't been going to vote for) addressed me by name, with a genuinely pleased to see me look on his face, so I changed my mind - shallow

What did he call you though? I doubt somehow it's the same name I have for people so inclined.

You've just been granny farmed dear. I hope you feel really dirty.

Tomorrow my bet is you'll spend all day in the shower.

I voted, I had been going to vote for someone else but then I got to the polling station and the other person (the one I hadn't been going to vote for) addressed me by name, with a genuinely pleased to see me look on his face, so I changed my mind - shallow, I know but they're all singing from the same hymn sheet really.

If he was singing from a hymn sheet then it must have been.... oh my god! You didn't! :o

Edited by Terse

I voted, I had been going to vote for someone else but then I got to the polling station and the other person (the one I hadn't been going to vote for) addressed me by name, with a genuinely pleased to see me look on his face, so I changed my mind - shallow

What did he call you though? I doubt somehow it's the same name I have for people so inclined.

You've just been granny farmed dear. I hope you feel really dirty.

Tomorrow my bet is you'll spend all day in the shower.

Nice post Albert!

Granny Farmed? Sounds very 1984 - or slightly smutty :shifty:

Anyway, I went to St Pauls in Ramsey with only one firm candidate in my mind. When staring at the ballot form I really tried to opt for a second candidate, but I just couldn't do it. So I feel as though I've wasted a vote. :(

Just a little hint, but Lawrie Hooper may want to wear more sober attire next time?

That's why we should be able to vote in any polling station.

How difficult can it be?

I feel sorry for the people in Mount Murray who don't drive their polling station is in Union Mills (two buses away) or Port Soderick (a bus and train ride away).

Still I pity them anyway.

The fact that there is no online voting and that the polls are only open 8 to 8 is a piss take.

Shame you weren't in Douglas East at the last by-election, you could have had your vote cast for you without ever having to visit a polling station, or decide who to vote for

That's what you call service

The fact that there is no online voting and that the polls are only open 8 to 8 is a piss take.

Shame you weren't in Douglas East at the last by-election, you could have had your vote cast for you without ever having to visit a polling station, or decide who to vote for

Yes indeed Cheeky Boy, and just because one candidate misunderstood the principle of STV, it never really caught on. Shame really....

Yeah Buster was even providing a horse tram to get people to the polling stations.

98%20India%20Is%20Crowded.jpg

That's why we should be able to vote in any polling station.

How difficult can it be?

I feel sorry for the people in Mount Murray who don't drive their polling station is in Union Mills (two buses away) or Port Soderick (a bus and train ride away).

Still I pity them anyway.

They are all holiday-makers anyway.