Double Decker +Bridge= Oops

macmannin

There are many long pages on this forum objecting to bus drivers getting paid a decent wage, but it seems in return for the pittance most people want to pay them they expect them to be super human & never make a mistake

I'm not sure that you need to be superhuman not to drive a fucking bus under a bridge that is lower than the height of the bus you're driving. They are overpaid, and fucking useless. Privatise the bus service and take the repairs out of this idiot's pay packet. Why should Joe Public pay for this cretinous act?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are many long pages on this forum objecting to bus drivers getting paid a decent wage, but it seems in return for the pittance most people want to pay them they expect them to be super human & never make a mistake

I'm not sure that you need to be superhuman not to drive a fucking bus under a bridge that is lower than the height of the bus you're driving. They are overpaid, and fucking useless. Privatise the bus service and take the repairs out of this idiot's pay packet. Why should Joe Public pay for this cretinous act?

signs of dementure & a penchant for privatisation. You are Maggie Thatcher & I claim my £5.

You really ought to cut your losses. You made a shit joke that nobody liked. I foolishly dignified it with a response, but that really shouldn't encourage you to try to develop the theme. It's not funny, it's going nowhere, and you're a dunce. Every further post of yours just makes you look more unfunny and more stupid

the driver was not on a designated route for a dd this in itself is an dismisable offence

the driver was one of mr longworths casul drivers he had already gone the wrong way in laxey 10 mins before.and he was told the directions by the chief bus inspector, not bad for a driver payed 8% more an hour than full time drivers are. and by an inspector thats on £27 an hour once he hits 37 hours which they can do in 3 days

the driver was not on a designated route for a dd this in itself is an dismisable offence

the driver was one of mr longworths casul drivers he had already gone the wrong way in laxey 10 mins before.and he was told the directions by the chief bus inspector, not bad for a driver payed 8% more an hour than full time drivers are. and by an inspector thats on £27 an hour once he hits 37 hours which they can do in 3 days

Surely what he gets paid and whos pal he may or may not be does not change the fact that a low bridge was not correctly marked and is not clearly a low bridge from the direction he approached it. Would you act the same way if he broke a speed limit when there were no signs to indicate what it was?

I am sure we have all got lost at some point and most of us would struggle to turn round a vehicle of that size in such an area. Heaven help us if we ever get to the stage where the laws of the land are enforced upon us subject to how much we get paid or wether we get more than those who are dishing out the punishment (although it would be nice to see some footballers suffer accordingly)

As human beings we do make errors, its how we react afterwards that we should be judged by.

Well there you go then. Look after the pennies and the pounds spend themselves. That's why ,as GD4ELI pointed out, they're so much more efficient at ripping the roof of a double decker busses in England, cos Tugger privatised them all in the 80's.

I agree it's not rocket science. However now that the buses are doing more school transfer runs and all sorts of other stuff that allegedly "saves" government more money they are taking buses off main bus routes and this sort of stuff is bound to happen when you employ a bunch of unionised overpaid fuckwits some of whom couldn't give a shit about the safety of their passengers.

Edited by hboy

I thought that there were bus routes and a driver cannot deviate from them? They can drive off their own route on to another designated bus route provided they are 'out of service', is that not so? Main point being, they don't get stuck under bridges, stuck on a tight bend or trying to edge up a lane off the prom in Peel!

At some point in this fiasco did the driver not think; 'oo a bit tight, not a good idea, better back off'? It is not as though we have thousands of miles of uncharted territory here.

I thought that there were bus routes and a driver cannot deviate from them?

You are obviously far to posh to have ever had the pleasure of using national transport :lol:

Big bus small bridge - 11/4 you get through 1/3 you dont and 1/100 you get to do the route again but this time you turn up captains hill unless you get 10/1 to have another go.

If only it had been an election victoty tour. Ah well