Bloke With Tannoy In Pe

trying to recruit youngsters for the pe gospel church youth week or such like, im led to believe

a combination of a poor tannoy system, and a shouty over excited northern irish accent, meant i had to ask a 3rd party what it was all about aswell.......

Paisley?

trying to recruit youngsters for the pe gospel church youth week or such like, im led to believe

a combination of a poor tannoy system, and a shouty over excited northern irish accent, meant i had to ask a 3rd party what it was all about aswell.......

Paisley?

He wouldn't need a tannoy.

something went up the back road by us the other day (Douglas) with a tannoy going, too far away to hear what it was saying and not near any houses or people anyway, so didn't see the point of it. Sounded just like a comms radio or cb being piped through an external speaker as it seemed to end with a 'pip'

Edited by Tempus Fugit

Probably the same fuckers who put religious graffiti on the underpass in PSM.

I was outraged when I saw that.

Well it seems very strange why this has been left. Were graffiti of any sort to be found it would be removed. And the locals would no doubt be ranting on (as they do) about vandalism, etc. I recognise that it could be said to have a more artistic quality than some other forms of graffiti.

Presumably they would have been given permission for this, but by whom? Personally, I think it should be painted over or 'changed'. I'd do it myself, but I am not that motivated to get a bus down to Port St Mary carrying paintbrush and tin.

Anyway, how come it seems that Port Erin and Port St Mary has these zealous missionaries going about the place? It doesn't happen elsewhere from what I've noticed. Do these youngsters in the far south need God?

Edited by La_Dolce_Vita

Probably the same fuckers who put religious graffiti on the underpass in PSM.

I was outraged when I saw that.

Well it seems very strange why this has been left. Were graffiti of any sort to be found it would be removed. And the locals would no doubt be ranting on (as they do) about vandalism, etc. I recognise that it could be said to have a more artistic quality than some other forms of graffiti.

Presumably they would have been given permission for this, but by whom? Personally, I think it should be painted over or 'changed'. I'd do it myself, but I am not that motivated to get a bus down to Port St Mary carrying paintbrush and tin.

Anyway, how come it seems that Port Erin and Port St Mary has these zealous missionaries going about the place? It doesn't happen elsewhere from what I've noticed. Do these youngsters in the far south need God?

Do these youngsters in the far south need God?

No a sound thrashing would suffice.

Paisley?

He wouldn't need a tannoy.

it did cross my mind aswell. from a distance it was rather reminiscant of the old doctor. was beginning to wonder who the joker was trying to stir up sectarian tension in port erin! ha

does anyone remember dr paisley actually coming to the prestebytarian(sp?) church in port erin in the mid 90's for some function or other? of course the amusement was that his church was and still is, situated right next to the catholic church!!!

seem to remember a keffuffle at the time over the heavy security/police prescence he required and, more to the point, whether the manx taxpayer or the church/himself were paying for it!! cant remeber the outcome of it all.