Eddie Wants More Work For Legco

Put more energy into the much needed, and long overdue political reforms, instead of blocking all attempts by David Callister to bring this about.

The comments attributed to you and your fellow gravy trainer Dudley Butt as reported by MR are an insult to the population of this Island.

Have we to wait for intervention from Westminister before our unelected parasites realise that the game is up.

Too many MLC's have been rejected by the electorate, and then been saved by the most undemocratic Boys Club in existance.

FFS Clair Christian is now "Madam President" and the way it is looking, her relation, will in all probability not very long after being rejected by the Ramsey voters will similary rise from the ashes.

Our " FreedomTo Flourish " Island is more undemocratic than many third world dictatorships.online2long.gif

We've had a thousand years of semi-democracy on the Isle of Man. Why don't we demand the real thing?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There was nothing stopping any MLC from writing to ask for an invite to any of the conferences.

Yes, the suggestion beggars belief. Aren't we paying enough for these freeloaders as it is ? What would it actually achieve anyway to send a couple of LegCo members on yet another free ride to a part

Perhaps Eddie could just drive himself down there...

Posted Images

It is often said we have no friends in Westmister. Well if we can not be arsed to try and make friends maybe it is no surprise.

So lets send an elected MHK to Westminster.

I have no problem with tax money being used to pay the rent on his/her penthouse apartment and all expenses.

Hey, I would not even have a problem with the Manx Government buying an apartment in Westminster to house lobbyists.

But I think it's wrong at party level.

Yes let's send one to Westminister,and get rid of the other 31,it would be a lot cheaper,only thing would be all the Civil Service would have to go as well,the UK CS would be doing the job for us.

We must remember the majority of MHKs are Independent,so the minute they speak to Party motivated members,they will get shot down,the first thing out of the mouths of the political machine there will be,"Oh that's that low tax place isn't it",we have no real friends over there,when our lot the last time boasted about us swimming in money,and no recession in the Isle of Man,look what happened,IE VAT loss.

When it comes to our MHKs talking to professionals,we are not in the same league,anyway whats wrong with this man we have in Brussels,can't he do the talking,he's getting well paid for it.

• 2 weeks later...

I see that Alec Downie is in the British Virgin Islands viewing the Elections along with a couple of Westminister MPs and others,so the Jollies fund is still being topped up from Eddie,no cuts there then.

Eddie only did a relatively short term as an MHK and has been nestled in the Legislative Council for what seems like 100 years.

He was originally elected on a Labour ticket and in the bye-election he was up against Dick Gawne, who was from a well known land-owning family.

Fo-Halloo at the time backed Eddie. Fo Halloo were against all the big rich men MHKs and their land-owning pals, especially J.B. Bolton MHK, his son Dougie with their colleague Judah Binstock, Alf Devereau MHK, Percy Radcliffe MHK and of course Charlie Kerruish the Speaker of the House of Keys, and many others. Fo Halloo saw Gawne as being in the landowners camp and a couple of their free sheets were produced urging people to vote Lowey. I would say it helped him a lot.

I might just find it in myself to forgive Fo Halloo for daubing paint, sticking up posters and burning houses. But they have to live with getting Eddie into the House of Keys.

I think Eddie is absolutely right LegCo should have more valuable work to do - how about seagull spotting and reporting their findings to David Quirk who could then have a committee set up, then an inquiry and a couple of probes that should keep them out of mischief for the next 5 years.

• 7 months later...

I see another jollie is on the cards for a trip to China,[ The jollie fund must have been topped up] there has been a delegation over this week to discuss trade etc,now with cuts to some departments,and this austerity flying all around us,big cuts to the vat income,[sorry forgot about the £290million from CinemanX],we are going to send some of our top people to discuss trade.

Why is the first question?,if they have already done that this week,and next,what goodies do we have to sell to China?,they don't buy much from the rest of the world,they sell,their trading has gone down in the last 12 months,the world hasn't got the money to buy anymore in the same volume,so unless we have oil wells etc,just what can we sell to China to replace the money which this government has spent and is planning to spend from our reserves.

I see another jollie is on the cards for a trip to China,[ The jollie fund must have been topped up] there has been a delegation over this week to discuss trade etc,now with cuts to some departments,and this austerity flying all around us,big cuts to the vat income,[sorry forgot about the £290million from CinemanX],we are going to send some of our top people to discuss trade.

Why is the first question?,if they have already done that this week,and next,what goodies do we have to sell to China?,they don't buy much from the rest of the world,they sell,their trading has gone down in the last 12 months,the world hasn't got the money to buy anymore in the same volume,so unless we have oil wells etc,just what can we sell to China to replace the money which this government has spent and is planning to spend from our reserves.

Knobs.