Nominations For Vacant Legco Position.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As I posted previously:   Being an MHK should automatically preclude you from LegCo. Christ but these political rejects, because that's what they are, have some neck...

Why so shocking? I am a long standing and enthusiastic fan of football united and enjoy watching a good game of soccer ball over a tumbler of pinted beer.   Alright. That's a massive lie: I stole

If you'd been following the long standing conversation here about Craine's possible elevation to LegCo, you would have realised that the 'affront' bit usually refers to the possibility of her landing

Was Allan Bells seconding of Tony Wild an unfair endorsement of him?

Could it be interpreted as an indication of which candidate AB wished his flock to elect?

Of course, this desire, if it were such, could have been achieved behind closed doors or TW could have been the best candidate but it is worth wondering if this was a manipulation of the Keys?

Edited by Kopek

it is worth wondering if this was a manipulation of the Keys?

It isn't

Well certainly Allan Bell's seconding speech was gushing. I think it was essential to maintain credibility of the Keys and indeed LegCo for there to be a clear and decisive election.

It was June 2010 that Tony Wild only managed 8 votes.

What has changed since then? *

*rhetorical question

I do not understand, I thought there was going to be a vote on the vacant Legco position on Monday 12th December, at 2.00 approx, I bought an Examiner which reported Tony Wilde had got the position, I thought the Examiner was printed on the adjacent Isle even if it was printed here that was pretty good going.

Guest Buddysmum

Can't actually see the benefit of either House to be honest. All we do is follow the UK, so why not just save all the money on legislature salaries and just elect one or two candidates to fight our corner in the UK Parliament?

it is worth wondering if this was a manipulation of the Keys?

It isn't

But it's worth wondering how much it is costing us to have every member of the House of Keys and LEGCO being paid extra to be in a department.

It is basically costing us our Freedom of Information legislation.

These payments to have 'everyone' on board and in government is a national disgrace, and is nothing but corruption by any other name.

Can you imagine the commotion if the Tory's gave a 1/3 of salary to labour MP's to 'get them onboard'?

just short of £260,000

I thought Bell said,"We are all in this together,and will all suffer the pain",so where are the cuts if an extra £260K in total is up for grabs by every member of Tynwald, £14millon given to the MEA to stop electricity prices going up,more millions wanted by the Airport to waste,it seems the VAT reduction hasn't made any difference to government spending,just what is going on?.

I thought the Examiner was printed on the adjacent Isle even if it was printed here that was pretty good going.

It still is printed here. Quote from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-16162634

Printing of Isle of Man newspapers three weekly papers will be done at Johnston Press' site in Sheffield, from March if plans are approved