The Saga Of Prospect Hill

Albert Tatlock

I quite agree. The first priority should be the maintenance of the existing road network, much of which is now in very poor condition following frost damage and lack of attention due to commitments elsewhere. Some recent projects have been very expensive and are often of dubious value. They should only be considered when the island's roads are brought up to a standard suitable for our increasing volume of traffic - which I don't expect to see happen in my lifetime the way things are going!

I think it is a different budget. It will make the route for foot traffic more appealing for foot traffic from the finincial district into the town centre. Dont forget we do have a lot of business visitors so image is important.

I do agree though that it seems to have taken a long time. The route down Nelson street accroos the road by the car park entrance to M & S down Slug and Lettuce (yellow brick road) needs to be quicker as this is a busy area for vehicular traffic.

Absolutely agree, utterly ridiculous length of time for essentially new paving slabs. The first few days the 'one way' was down Prospect Hill - bit useless for the empty buses not to be able to go up!

The Barrack Street part was supposed to be finished on September 6th, but has remained 'one way' until finally today! There were three updates/extensions to the road watch webpage to this effect. Latest finish date is November 6th....then probably dug up again to lay cables, pipes etc...

you don't know the chaos it has made for the bus routes, - go along circular road, down prospect hill, right into Athol st, down Lord St, left into Ridgeway St and right into Victoria St.

My wife got off in Circular Road the other day and walked down Prospect Hill and the bus was still trying to get into Athol St when she went down the steps to the back of M&S !

I guess they havn't even altered the timing of the lights at the end of Athol St. either (considering St.George's St is one way too)

Odd Butterflies. I occasionally have to come to Douglas by car and never have trouble parking even on a working day. Peel on a Sunday night is different mind you! The car parks generally have plenty of room. You have to pay of course!

The delay explanation is here http://www.manxradio.com/newsread.aspx?id=55842

Looks like its Manx Gas and not just new paving slabs or cosmetic improvements. Or are the facts unimportant?

Odd Butterflies. I occasionally have to come to Douglas by car and never have trouble parking even on a working day. Peel on a Sunday night is different mind you! The car parks generally have plenty of room. You have to pay of course!

The delay explanation is here http://www.manxradio...d.aspx?id=55842

Looks like its Manx Gas and not just new paving slabs or cosmetic improvements. Or are the facts unimportant?

I think you're getting your Victoria Road and Victoria Street mixed up.....